What did you do to your TJ today?

Tossed the tires on and set it on its own weight for the first time in a few weeks. Instantly noticed the axle wasn’t centered. Had the track bar up one spot too high on the mount, dropped it down a hole and it was within 1/16” left and right. Maybe tomorrow I’ll finally get to drive it haha

08B6DF6C-E236-42FD-B9CB-DC75312999B5.jpeg

63AECB52-0396-48C8-805A-4C89C14A5977.jpeg

Replaced a faulty switch for my windshield mounted lights, cleaned up my shop from multiple iterations of projects (I now have some workbench space) and then drove it to get me and my wife ice cream cones.

I love Ice cream almost as much as i like driving my TJ.

1665118324614.png

So in removing the rear drum brakes I came across the most interesting brake shoes I've seen.

20221006_133619.jpg

I don't know if they're a Canadian tj thing or what. Are all tj rear brake drums made in Canada?

• Wow
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
So in removing the rear drum brakes I came across the most interesting brake shoes I've seen.

View attachment 365121
I don't know if they're a Canadian tj thing or what. Are all tj rear brake drums made in Canada?

How do you know they were Canadian.... were their traces of Maple Syrup on them ? ;)

Well, technically this happened yesterday, but I found a little mud....I did not detect a whole lot of difference between the Mud T/As that were on it, and the A/Ts that are on it now.....Probably have to be a bigger patch of mud, or deeper to prove that.....

97 Jeep TJ new tires  a little muddy 10-6-2022 a smaller.jpg

Last edited:
Well, technically this happened yesterday, but I found a little mud....I did not detect a whole lot of difference between the Mud T/As that were on it, and the A/Ts that are on it now.....Probably have to be a bigger patch of mud, or deeper to prove that.....

View attachment 365134

Look for a mud puddle, then cross it and see if you can get out.;)

Jeep puddle (2).jpg

Developed a new sound today while driving home from my daughter’s school. Loud ticking or even knocking sound. Increases with throttle. Hopefully it holds out until the new parts get delivered. At least I only have one more night to work then I won’t have to drive it for a couple days.

Attachments

• IMG_7674.MOV
    12.9 MB
  • Sad
Reactions: RINC and Kiwi TJ
It appears that all my valves are getting oil and are moving up and down. I guess it could be a lifter stuck but everything else appears to be normal at first glance. Two out of 8 pushrods are tight enough that I can’t turn them with my fingers, the other 6 are loose enough to turn by hand. I guess I’ll dig into now and drive the wife’s car to work and tomorrow when my rocker arms and pivot and bridges are delivered I can just put back new parts.
Developed a new sound today while driving home from my daughter’s school. Loud ticking or even knocking sound. Increases with throttle. Hopefully it holds out until the new parts get delivered. At least I only have one more night to work then I won’t have to drive it for a couple days.

79EC467B-2417-4B1A-B242-BC1DEBFAC6CB.jpeg

BDCB0230-4F0D-47BE-910C-9C0AF93C9E08.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7675.MOV
    22.5 MB
Reactions: Blondie70
It appears that all my valves are getting oil and are moving up and down. I guess it could be a lifter stuck but everything else appears to be normal at first glance. Two out of 8 pushrods are tight enough that I can’t turn them with my fingers, the other 6 are loose enough to turn by hand. I guess I’ll dig into now and drive the wife’s car to work and tomorrow when my rocker arms and pivot and bridges are delivered I can just put back new parts.

View attachment 365182

View attachment 365183

Cylinder 3 and cylinder 4 both have a lifter stuck. One intake and one exhaust. I can see the one spinning in the hole so maybe it’s just locked from the pressure. The very last one on the engine cylinder 4 is also stuck but I can’t get a good look at it since it sets back so far under the firewall. Should be fun figuring this out.