What did you do to your TJ today?

Technically, I did this yesterday. I will never again go back to Halogen lights. It's like upgrading from a flip phone to a smart phone.

20180204_100251.jpg

Cut the old rear tire carrier apart and modded it to have lower profile and weight, also to accommodate my 8 lug wheels (had some rube goldberg thing going on before) and lower the tire position (without hopefully sacrificing departure angle)8 lug mod.jpg axle parts.jpg mod front end.jpg tire carrier modded.jpg spare position.jpg . New front bumper and lights, some front axle parts arriving.

Today i began "prepping" the body bolts for removal, in preparation for new body mount rubber spacers. I hit the bolts with a blast of Kroil
.. I lost my glasses but I'm pretty sure the directions said for best results apply Kroil by a lake. So I did... :)

Reactions: VallenMaes and ac_
Yup ac_ and it sprays in a stream so you really don't need the spray tube taped to the side. Good thing cuz the can shot the red tube somewhere way inside the rails and I never found it :/
Found it "King Size" On my wish list for next order!

Reactions: KCsTJ
Yup ac_ and it sprays in a stream so you really don't need the spray tube taped to the side. Good thing cuz the can shot the red tube somewhere way inside the rails and I never found it :/

I think a can of Kroil should come with every 2nd hand Tj sold

Last edited:
Good news on your springs!
Look forward to see if he can make a bumper for you. Good luck!
So, as it turns out, the fabricator says he is so booked that he just doesn't see working in the time to make a Currie V-bumper "copy" for me. But, he said that as I'm such a nice fella :rolleyes:, he'd be willing to get me a bumper of my choice at his cost (business discount, or some such). I mentioned that I liked @Chris' Mopar Rock Crawler, and he asked me for the part number, which I gave him. Says he has a business account with Quadratec, and let him check out the cost, and get back to me. Pretty cool, no?

So, as it turns out, the fabricator says he is so booked that he just doesn't see working in the time to make a Currie V-bumper "copy" for me. But, he said that as I'm such a nice fella :rolleyes:, he'd be willing to get me a bumper of my choice at his cost (business discount, or some such). I mentioned that I liked @Chris' Mopar Rock Crawler, and he asked me for the part number, which I gave him. Says he has a business account with Quadratec, and let him check out the cost, and get back to me. Pretty cool, no?
Very cool!!