What did you do to your TJ today?

Took the jeep to my local tire guy to get the front tires balanced. Been getting a little shimmy after rotating them.

Installed a pair of Currie tow bar mounts...

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

The parts gathering continues. My Rancho RS5000X shocks just arrived. That gives me my shocks, steering stabilizer, OME springs, tailgate hinges, and driver's side floor pan replacement panel. Gonna be busy during my vacation...
you mean staycation

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and KCsTJ
So, finally, after 6 days, me fever broke. Got out to the garage. Removed the hardtop to make a small repair.
0533B80B-911D-4D42-8F4D-655F654A7246.jpeg

Then I saw all those trail streaks. Been bothering me. So I pulled out the “more expensive than a mod” compound, drill with wool pad and expensive Meguire wax for after. I’ve always been afraid of this compound. This is the stuff they use in detail and body shops. I’m always afraid I’ll go to deep and eat through the clear, but I kind of just went after it this time to let it heat up and hoping the clearcoat will just melt just enough to fill-in the scratches. It was working great!
A3C0F9D3-0763-434F-9DF7-408B73B7D584.jpeg

28285A3C-2552-4F10-9681-A8B42BFDF43E.jpeg

Got lots of scratches out!

I used the penetrol on the hardtop today. Learned from this site about it so decided to give it a go.

First had to wash the hardtop and gave the rest of the Jeep a quick wash.
20180209_131459.jpg

Took the top off and went to work.

Before
20180209_153028.jpg

Half and half

20180209_174052.jpg

Completely covered

20180209_175654.jpg

Then gave it a final wipe down.

20180209_185459.jpg

Let it sit for the night and put the top back on tomorrow.

So, finally, after 6 days, me fever broke. Got out to the garage. Removed the hardtop to make a small repair.
View attachment 31559
Then I saw all those trail streaks. Been bothering me. So I pulled out the “more expensive than a mod” compound, drill with wool pad and expensive Meguire wax for after. I’ve always been afraid of this compound. This is the stuff they use in detail and body shops. I’m always afraid I’ll go to deep and eat through the clear, but I kind of just went after it this time to let it heat up and hoping the clearcoat will just melt just enough to fill-in the scratches. It was working great!
View attachment 31562
View attachment 31561
Got lots of scratches out!
What was the small repair?

6 days with a fever?? Dang man! How much time you spend in bed?

Reactions: JMT
What was the small repair?

6 days with a fever?? Dang man! How much time you spend in bed?
Basically in bed the whole time, apart from a few hours. Yuck...

That corner I have clamped was bumped by our Yukon when my wife backed in one night and the top was on the Hoist. Fortunately, it didn’t break the corner off, just cracked it. I glued and clamped it. Will paint it tomorrow

I used the penetrol on the hardtop today. Learned from this site about it so decided to give it a go.

First had to wash the hardtop and gave the rest of the Jeep a quick wash.
View attachment 31565

Took the top off and went to work.

Before
View attachment 31566

Half and half

View attachment 31567

Completely covered

View attachment 31568

Then gave it a final wipe down.

View attachment 31569

Let it sit for the night and put the top back on tomorrow.
Looks awesome! Nice work

Reactions: b0xcar