What did you do to your TJ today?

At least the wife and daughter won't be flying off to a championship game this year, think they took this at the iron bowl , wooped them Tigers !

1672207283002.png

My original light was removed prior to me purchasing the Jeep, so there is no mounting bolt. Can anyone tell me what size bolt I should use?

it was a sheet metal screw with a 10mm head on it maybe 1/2" long. I think any sheet metal screw that you have handy would work just fine. I just went to the parts diagram and I can't even find the dang underhood light on the 2005 .pdf file.

Reactions: Texas-TJ
it was a sheet metal screw with a 10mm head on it maybe 1/2" long. I think any sheet metal screw that you have handy would work just fine. I just went to the parts diagram and I can't even find the dang underhood light on the 2005 .pdf file.

Thanks! I probably have one laying around that will work.

RINC , on the upside I feel you found the only truck you trust in a little rain !
I think you should admit to yourself that your sitting in the truck that should be your toy hauler ! Even if it's 53 years old it's still on the job ! :sneaky:

I feel that you know me well.

I feel that you know me well.

Face it , you own it , you trust it , and honestly how often are you going to haul your crap 800 miles to make a ramp truck make financial sense ?
If you find yourself absolutely needing to travel 1000 miles to wheel , rent something . Being in the trucking industry your KNOW it's all about cost per mile !
Enjoy the blessings you have man .

Mocked up my glovebox light.
Figured out where to mount the pin switch, and confirmed my plan will not interfere with the door or anything behind the face of the dash opening, etc.
Currently chasing down a pin switch that I like the looks of.
This shows how much light I can expect to get.
Tape light section will adhere directly above the door opening, facing straight down into the open box.
The photos make it appear as though it’s pointing towards the seat way more than it really is.

1E3919D8-F94B-49FA-93A9-D37922EA0CB4.jpeg

CFB68B34-E057-4D33-8146-A832402DE3F5.jpeg

Finally got around to installing some additional reverse lighting. I tapped into the tail lights / reverse light with a relay after having run 12v back from the battery. I will eventually use this 12v line to supply power to the cargo compartment one day.

View attachment 387743

Which taillights do you have. Just bought a set of MaxBilt Trail Tails and I am curious how bright the reverse lights are. I have aux reverse lights mounted in the rear bumper, hoping to need them less.