What did you do to your TJ today?

Which taillights do you have. Just bought a set of MaxBilt Trail Tails and I am curious how bright the reverse lights are. I have aux reverse lights mounted in the rear bumper, hoping to need them less.

I run the backup lights built and sold by @Claytone here on the forum. Work vey well, and easy to install in the stock tailight assembly.

Bright? I wheeled with @gasiorv following me a while back and, well, he can no longer see colors…

🙂

Last edited:
I run the backup lights built and sold by @Claytone here on the forum. Work vey well, and easy to install in the stock tailight assembly.

Bright? Well, I wheeled with @gasior following me a while back and, well, he can no longer see colors..

🙂

LOL.. that there is funny.

I am replacing a set of cheap chinesium LEDs installed by the PO. The reverse lights are a perfect match for stock TJ headlights.. useless.

Bright? I wheeled with @gasior following me a while back and, well, he can no longer see colors…

🙂

You forgot the V @gasiorv

1e3919d8-f94b-49fa-93a9-d37922ea0cb4-jpeg.387723

Someone took one of your Advil and your Puff's plus lotion. ;)
I’m actually a little bit afraid of what else I’ll find in there now that I can see.

I’m actually a little bit afraid of what else I’ll find in there now that I can see.
:)
Every Jeep I buy, I pull the carpet first thing to check out the floor panels. It's amazing the crap you find under carpet that nobody's ever removed to clean. I've found money, condoms, (non used) candy, pens, every kids cereal ever made, dog hair, rat shit, and the list goes on and on. I even found an ex-wife, but she was rolled up in the carpet.
p.s. You have to recycle things you have no use for anymore. :cool:

Installed a B&M short shifter the wife got me for Christmas. Haven’t gotten to test drive it yet because she also got me a Tuffy locking console. When I get that installed it’ll be like a new Jeep.
Just sitting there shifting it seems pretty darn nice.

I love mine. No more having to reach into my wife's lap to get into reverse.

:)
Every Jeep I buy, I pull the carpet first thing to check out the floor panels. It's amazing the crap you find under carpet that nobody's ever removed to clean. I've found money, condoms, (non used) candy, pens, every kids cereal ever made, dog hair, rat shit, and the list goes on and on. I even found an ex-wife, but she was rolled up in the carpet.
p.s. You have to recycle things you have no use for anymore. :cool:

I found all that (except the body) and about a dozen spent cartridges and live rounds under my carpet. Found another spent 5.56 a couple weeks ago in my steering column cover🙄

Made some progress on my engine today. Removed all the expansion/ freeze plugs, took out all the cam bearings and cam plug, cleaned the exterior surface with a wire wheel and then poured some CLR in the water jacket to soak for a few minutes while I scrubbed everything down. I flushed out the block and washed all the cylinders and oil galleys. Reinstalled the expansion and freeze plugs and painted the surface of the block with some engine enamel. Took some measurements of the cylinders and everything seemed to be within spec although I’m going to measure it all again before installing the new parts. Also put a coat of primer on the timing cover so I can paint it army green.

E0627018-E828-4886-BDA7-444CCEFB9C67.jpeg

A333AE6A-7183-4B65-9A60-7325181B221C.jpeg

AC7C5F90-1F9D-4615-8A69-D5560650F481.jpeg

003757FE-79B1-4A18-AF72-4DB40716FA0A.jpeg

BA110793-0535-43DB-8EEB-064FCF1574DA.jpeg

B6087C4E-8175-42B0-B683-7E6A58147678.jpeg

065058C4-BC05-4EAB-84ED-DDF802BA3F63.jpeg

Which taillights do you have. Just bought a set of MaxBilt Trail Tails and I am curious how bright the reverse lights are. I have aux reverse lights mounted in the rear bumper, hoping to need them less.

They came with the jeep installed by the previous owner. I am 99.9% they are THESE, and can tell you that the reverse light is visible but not worth a hoot in my opinion. Totally need to compliment them with extra light if you actually want to see where your going.

I love mine. No more having to reach into my wife's lap to get into reverse.

Ain’t that the truth. My wife’s tiny and she packs all the shopping junk she buys in the seat with her. Try to get in reverse and it hits all her stuff. The dogs got the back and just cannot tolerate any of his space taken away.
Gotta tweak on the Tuffy console a bit cause the boot puts extra pressure on first,third, and fifth. Tomorrow!

Reactions: All 4 Wheelin'
They came with the jeep installed by the previous owner. I am 99.9% they are THESE, and can tell you that the reverse light is visible but not worth a hoot in my opinion. Totally need to compliment them with extra light if you actually want to see where your going.

Those are what I just purchased. I was hoping they were brighter, but I do have the aux reverse lights and I’m adding another reverse light mounted to the removable cargo rack.

Reactions: Noxid

Bright? I wheeled with @gasiorv following me a while back and, well, he can no longer see colors…

🙂

Revved Up like a Deuce
Another Runner in the night.