What did you do to your TJ today?

I put it on mine. Took the unbearable temps down to a comfortable level. It was absolutely unbearable in the summer. The only problem was it lifted the console up a bit and I had to push down a bit to put the screws in, but it wasn’t bad. 80mil I think.

Cheers ... Thanks for that...I thought it would be ok... but rather ask first before trying to take the stuff back out again haha.
Planning a long trip in a few weeks and Its Summer over here so it should make the trip alot less like a greenhouse on 4 wheels ;)

Failed a coolant exhaust gas test and had some light milkshake on the underside of the valve cover. Worst sludge i've ever seen in an engine from god knows how many previous owners. Don't feel like putting a new head or head gaskets on a questionable 200k engine, sooooo engine out time. Good excuse for cleaning up the engine bay with the engine out at least. I'm within a few hours of Titan Engines so hopefully I can just drive down there and pick up a fresh reman engine.

View attachment 389177

View attachment 389178

View attachment 389179

Got around to installing a new shift knob and leather boot at least!

View attachment 389180

I think you should install a stroker...

What is the name of the manufacturer of the shift boot?

Quick question..... Does anyone know if you can put sound deadener on the transmission tunnel...I know it can get very warm which is why we have the foil protection on the side of the carpet but just not sure if I should slap some deadener in that area ??
Any ideas anyone ??

I put DEI tunnel shield under the tunnel the last time I pulled my transmission. I think it made a noticable difference...but not enough of one. My PO pulled all the carpet and bedlinered the floor top and bottom. I made a post somewhere about it with pictures.

-Mac

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Pulled the ome shocks off the Jeep while I’m waiting for the new black max shocks to arrive from fedex. One of the front shocks has lost its nitrogen charge and dang they both are hard as a rock to compress. No wonder my Jeep rides like a log truck. The back seem to be pretty good but I’m replacing them too.
With out shocks the Jeep rocks and rolls it’s hilarious to start it rocking. 😂

Doing this interior between work and other jobs… finishing at 11.30pm the last 4 nights
Just doing the final piece now with a little help from my trusty friend in a can.. 😉
I will add that doing this in very high humidity is not the best haha

3A7DCBEA-3AB7-4EB1-A2ED-FE4E501D3C5A.jpeg

Doing this interior between work and other jobs… finishing at 11.30pm the last 4 nights
Just doing the final piece now with a little help from my trusty friend in a can.. 😉
I will add that doing this in very high humidity is not the best haha

View attachment 389422

We have that weather in the Phoenix area in August through October.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Got a few new parts in today. New pilot bearing for the fly wheel, some new O rings for the injectors, new radiator hoses and a fuel injector tester. Since installing the injectors from the used engine I am running I have noticed a slight miss that I’m guessing is injector related so I’m going to clean and test my old ones and stick them back in while I do the same with the ones currently in my Jeep.

6C2A11E5-537D-4A9A-936F-C5E9F939CC29.jpeg

Last edited: