What did you do to your TJ today?

No pics is pretty weak... :p
I agree!
IMG_1717.JPG

IMG_1718.JPG

Nothing crazy here but I did score a used but like new OEM tire carrier for $25 with zero rust (big deal round here) and installed it and put the spare back on. On another topic, I’ve decided just yes they do look much better with the spare on.
Drove about 60 miles round trip for it though... I’m an addict

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing crazy here but I did score a used but like new OEM tire carrier for $25 with zero rust (big deal round here) and installed it and put the spare back on. On another topic, I’ve decided just yes they do look much better with the spare on.
Drove about 60 miles round trip for it though... I’m an addict

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're just getting started young Jedi!

Thanks, I drove more today and really like the softer ride over bumps. I really am enjoying my Jeep with it's untouched less than 40,000 mile rust free frame!

Reactions: JMT
Just curious, was your original 231j transfer case shot?

No it wasn’t shot, still working just fine. But it was leaking. Just bought the TJ back in January and didn’t notice much of a leak. Then I checked the t-case fluid and found it only half full. So I filled it to correct level. Once I got home from work next day EVERYTHING behind the TC was covered in ATF. Like, the rear end dripped atf for a couple days.

So I pulled my TC to reseal it. Luckily I had bought this new(used) one. Because Monday night I found out why the original was leaking so bad. The front case half has a 3” crack in it. Which I didn’t even see until I cleaned the sealing surface.

So I used the best parts from the original case and the new 05 LJ case to build one non leaking 231HD.

JEEZ sorry kinda long.

Reactions: KCsTJ
Today was a beautiful day in Colorado (before some snow moves in tonight) so, I made my own diamond plate rocker panel amor...End result: $20 worth of Aluminum Diamond Plate, self tapping sheet metal screws with rubber grommets, a can of rubberized undercoating, and silicone adhesive...BOOM [emoji95]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ea5734eee975acd70888e620d9949569.jpg

Today was a beautiful day in Colorado (before some snow moves in tonight) so, I made my own diamond plate rocker panel amor...End result: $20 worth of Aluminum Diamond Plate, self tapping sheet metal screws with rubber grommets, a can of rubberized undercoating, and silicone adhesive...BOOM [emoji95]

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkView attachment 32059

I'm surprised you didn't take off the extra trim piece for the front fender flares and just extend the diamond plate all the way up to the front flare. Either way, nice addition!

Reactions: Starrs
Today i installed a NTK part no. 23506 oxygen sensor cuz my 97 tj failed emissions... the nerve, and after I gave her a brand new reconditioned cyl head in December! I'm in the process of replacing non Mopar sensors d/t P.O.'s ignorance of Jeep matters...
It was NOT throwing any oxygen sensor codes, not since I've had it (November )
Anyway, IMMEDIATE improvement in terms of smoothness, power. Going back tomorrow to pass the test :)
I hope this solves the cough, sputter hesitation, we'll see, will report back

Last edited:
Reactions: LonestarTJ
Ok, so this is not going to be a sexy 3" lift post, or installing an adjustable track bar or put on my 33's type post but I did replace my valve cover gasket. Boy what a GIGANTIC PITA burger. So I watched all the vid's, read all the posts but they really did not prepare me for the sheer aggravation of the job. My ride is an 05 with AC so getting the cover off was more than I thought it would be. In the course of the 4 hr task I cursed 4 people that I have never met, the wiring designer for the tunnel and routing it over the cover, the body designer who did not design the firewall to allow for easy removal, the AC designer who routed the lines in the front of the cover, and their boss who said "yeah it looks good to me." But kudos to the guy who thought up the cover bolt spacers making it impossible to pinch the new gasket. The old gasket was trash, I really think I fixed my RMS leak. Time will tell.

Installed BDS 2" coils. Front is done, found a leaky axle seal in rear, will have it tomorrow and finish up. The front spring with bumper, plate, winch, was 14.5" so 2.5" over stock. I also added a .75" spacer which will hopefully set up an acceptable rake. With the Moog coil and 1.25" spacer in the rear, it sat maybe 1/8" rear high and the BDS coil will be more than that. So fingers crossed.
I61k0T-RftEC2MkH0llRSaeO4O12pwNkKg6vWlpbbWJYt_yGWbUcD0ic1P-MAts13k5euvkK3arxJ_Loz3s=w359-h637-no.jpg

Ok, so this is not going to be a sexy 3" lift post, or installing an adjustable track bar or put on my 33's type post but I did replace my valve cover gasket. Boy what a GIGANTIC PITA burger. So I watched all the vid's, read all the posts but they really did not prepare me for the sheer aggravation of the job. My ride is an 05 with AC so getting the cover off was more than I thought it would be. In the course of the 4 hr task I cursed 4 people that I have never met, the wiring designer for the tunnel and routing it over the cover, the body designer who did not design the firewall to allow for easy removal, the AC designer who routed the lines in the front of the cover, and their boss who said "yeah it looks good to me." But kudos to the guy who thought up the cover bolt spacers making it impossible to pinch the new gasket. The old gasket was trash, I really think I fixed my RMS leak. Time will tell.

I hear you brother. Did this a few weeks ago, and suffered the same fate as you. Guess what? My RMS leak is no more. Lol! I lost a torque limiting washer during the install and had to get one from Davey's.

Installed BDS 2" coils. Front is done, found a leaky axle seal in rear, will have it tomorrow and finish up. The front spring with bumper, plate, winch, was 14.5" so 2.5" over stock. I also added a .75" spacer which will hopefully set up an acceptable rake. With the Moog coil and 1.25" spacer in the rear, it sat maybe 1/8" rear high and the BDS coil will be more than that. So fingers crossed.
View attachment 32284

Looks good buddy! 2 questions, how much bumpstop extension do you have there, and why? 2nd, your quick discos have a ton of thread showing. Are they 0"-2" lift discos?

Reactions: StG58
2" RE stops. They are spot on with the shock travel. I run 2" in rear also and could go to 1.5" but didn't feel like cutting off 1/2". The disco's are the 0-2" and I have them at their max length per the instructions. I haven't really looked at them and the Jeep is currently ass in the air waiting for that seal to finish up.