What did you do to your TJ today?

Finished up the BDS coils. Rides great, about the same as the Moog coils. I took a chance and went with a .75" spacer in front and glad I did because it is sitting about 1/4" rear high. I'd prefer a bit more but I will take that. Without the spacer it would be a solid 1" which is too much. It did induce some vibs from 20-25 and worsened a very mild vib at 40-45, both on acceleration. Ran it up to 75 and no vibs beyond 45. I already have a MML and am going to hold off doing anything with the t-case until it settles in. With winch/plate/bumper front is 14.5", rear is 10.5" coil lengths.
EX8qTvLFIgQdKoxG-ySzDVSGbyIc36NCzsyanBOpoavh8r4NsWY3KkM9CncpuyzEQb91PtYbxR7-gf6t28=w1133-h637-no.jpg

Finished up the BDS coils. Rides great, about the same as the Moog coils. I took a chance and went with a .75" spacer in front and glad I did because it is sitting about 1/4" rear high. I'd prefer a bit more but I will take that. Without the spacer it would be a solid 1" which is too much. It did induce some vibs from 20-25 and worsened a very mild vib at 40-45, both on acceleration. Ran it up to 75 and no vibs beyond 45. I already have a MML and am going to hold off doing anything with the t-case until it settles in. With winch/plate/bumper front is 14.5", rear is 10.5" coil lengths.
View attachment 32353

Sitting perfect @Rob5589 !

View attachment 32353

Looks great! We are in the BDS crew! @dla is on to something with BDS. I think 3” coils in front and 2” in the rear makes it look perfect without adding any spacers to level it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sucked a bunch of rust dust up my nose...

This pile is from my passenger rear well well...View attachment 32386

Oh, and found a hole :mad:View attachment 32387
I think that those of us who have suffered at the hands of the dreaded tin worm should no longer acknowledge it as rust, but instead refer to our TJs as the "Lightweight Edition", or LE for short... :D

I think that those of us who have suffered at the hands of the dreaded tin worm should no longer acknowledge it as rust, but instead refer to our TJs as the "Lightweight Edition", or LE for short... :D
Ha! I like that. I now have a Rubicon LE. Even better. Problem is, I'm going to cut and patch, and the way I weld, there isn't going to be anything lightweight about it!

Reactions: Squatch
Ok, so this is not going to be a sexy 3" lift post, or installing an adjustable track bar or put on my 33's type post but I did replace my valve cover gasket. Boy what a GIGANTIC PITA burger. So I watched all the vid's, read all the posts but they really did not prepare me for the sheer aggravation of the job. My ride is an 05 with AC so getting the cover off was more than I thought it would be. In the course of the 4 hr task I cursed 4 people that I have never met, the wiring designer for the tunnel and routing it over the cover, the body designer who did not design the firewall to allow for easy removal, the AC designer who routed the lines in the front of the cover, and their boss who said "yeah it looks good to me." But kudos to the guy who thought up the cover bolt spacers making it impossible to pinch the new gasket. The old gasket was trash, I really think I fixed my RMS leak. Time will tell.
Well that sucks. Do you think having ac made the job that much harder? I was planning on tackling this in spring and my 2000 sport does not have ac. Oh, and I have little mechanical experience but do have access to all tools needed and a boyfriend to question and whine to. I hope it stops your leak long term!

Reactions: StG58 and Baird
Well that sucks. Do you think having ac made the job that much harder? I was planning on tackling this in spring and my 2000 sport does not have ac. Oh, and I have little mechanical experience but do have access to all tools needed and a boyfriend to question and whine to. I hope it stops your leak long term!
I have the same year and model Jeep you have and also no a/c. Will be watching to see if it's any easier with our Jeeps when you tackle it this spring. :)

I BOUGHT it! Well, a few days ago. This is a 2001 with low Kms. Today My young son rode in the front seat for the first time (of any vehicle). Airbags are disabled of course.
More pics. if you could Nick. I could not imagine they have a TJ in Japan. What do you do in Tokyo, may I ask?