What did you do to your TJ today?

I BOUGHT it! Well, a few days ago. This is a 2001 with low Kms. Today My young son rode in the front seat for the first time (of any vehicle). Airbags are disabled of course.

That’s awesome congrats do you get to go topless and door less in Japan? I know when I was in Germany the Jeep guys couldn’t. How did you kiddo like the front seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost wrecked it and bad. I was driving the highway and come over the hill. Its been freezing rain all day so far and as soon as i got to the top of the hill the wind caught my top and started slidding. I was completely sideways going 55mph. I was just waiting to hit a patch of no ice and roll for a mile. was able to steer out of it and get to the muddy grass. Im honestly more mad my jeep is dirty now. It was a balmy 60 degrees yesterday and i got all excited and got him all cleaned up for nothing.

ZJ Tie Rod conversion time! Also throwing in new Drag Link and Steering Stabilizer to complete the set.

IMG_7274.jpg

Now to actually figure this puzzle out.

I BOUGHT it! Well, a few days ago. This is a 2001 with low Kms. Today My young son rode in the front seat for the first time (of any vehicle). Airbags are disabled of course.
Omedetōgozaimasu or
おめでとうございます or congratulations :)...Is that copper colour ? How did you end up finding one ?

Almost wrecked it and bad. I was driving the highway and come over the hill. Its been freezing rain all day so far and as soon as i got to the top of the hill the wind caught my top and started slidding. I was completely sideways going 55mph. I was just waiting to hit a patch of no ice and roll for a mile. was able to steer out of it and get to the muddy grass. Im honestly more mad my jeep is dirty now. It was a balmy 60 degrees yesterday and i got all excited and got him all cleaned up for nothing.
Wow sounds like a lucky break...well done for keeping the rubber facing down....so no damage at all ?(apart from a clean pair of undies) lol

Well that sucks. Do you think having ac made the job that much harder? I was planning on tackling this in spring and my 2000 sport does not have ac. Oh, and I have little mechanical experience but do have access to all tools needed and a boyfriend to question and whine to. I hope it stops your leak long term!

Ditto! I have ac on my 05 and this is on my list. I just replaced the valve cover on my BMW $150 and my time vs $1200 at the shop. But man is was a total pain!! The labor was there for sure. The parts markup is what I despise

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Reactions: KCsTJ and Kathy
No damage.

And i even kept this pair clean.
:eek:le:
haha awesome...I remember doing a 360 on a sharp bend in a small Honda Civic when I was about 20,ended up facing the wrong way on the opposite side of the road 3ft from a very deep ditch....Gravel across the road was the culprit that time, but I remember feeling how lucky I was. The drive home after that was very cautious haha

I have the same year and model Jeep you have and also no a/c. Will be watching to see if it's any easier with our Jeeps when you tackle it this spring. :)
The build has started, so now I have a visual on how long it will be. And bonus, @Dave K. had his atlas lift delivered today! He’s planning on doing all the electrical, so thinking that might be the biggest delay, but hoping he learns real quick how to wire an entire workshop :). He’s confident so I will be also.
123D0945-50D8-4BB2-90F3-507E97A1C179.jpeg
B1C1E9B0-B442-4F18-BA02-8A62964869C0.jpeg

Framing up is always great as you get to see just how big it'll be...its come along way.

Framing up is always great as you get to see just how big it'll be...its come along way.
And it’s towering over the house. Lol. But it’s his dream and I reap the benefits for sure. If the weather cooperates they say it will be built in a couple weeks. Freezing rain storm today and tom. So no workers :(

And it’s towering over the house. Lol. But it’s his dream and I reap the benefits for sure. If the weather cooperates they say it will be built in a couple weeks. Freezing rain storm today and tom. So no workers :(
yeah but it needs to be tall so you can put ANY size lift on your Jeeps. lol

Reached 77 today. Had to pick one of my older boys up from work and we had the windows down the middle boy basically and my daughter wanted to go. I guess she got cold and comfortable with my coat lol

c04bacd388ceaa14e2fdc40aec1aab0c.jpg

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Last edited:
Reactions: Squatch and Kiwi TJ
Reached 77 today. Had to pick one of my older boys up from work and we had the windows down the middle bit basically and my daughter wanted to go. I guess she got cold and comfortable with my coat lol

View attachment 32463

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

I love how kids can sleep anywhere lol
My 2 will sleep with the doors and top off the jeep and the wind in their faces...don't know how they do it haha