What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed a new oil pressure sensor in my 01 Wrangler. The oil pressure was originally reading high (80). Found through this forum that this is a common issue and was a quick fix. Locating the sensor was easy. Do not waste money on the special sensor socket, it usually doesn't fit if the original sensor is in, instead just use a 1 1/16" deep socket. It is a tight fit with the ratchet and socket, some swear words help. Now project Chiqui reads the oil correctly at 40. Once again, thanks to everyone on this forum for all the extra knowledge.

Got my half doors on. Getting some upper door frames this weekend possibly so hopefully I don’t rained on too much. Also scraped some of the paint off the fender flares and put some black bumper and trim paint on them. Still look like shit but it’s a consistent color of shit so that helps

F9037F4A-FE00-4363-A9F1-469774775705.jpeg

FF64D234-0534-482B-8E74-4D5506C9FB10.jpeg

D3D74013-3214-43FE-95C4-0693BA78261A.jpeg

Thank you for making me giggle at the end of a stressful day at the office, kincaid.0678! That shot of endorphins was just what I needed.

Glad to be of service lol I thought about trying to pull them off and sand and paint them right but figured I’d put more work in with the fasteners than it was worth. Maybe I’ll get a new set and cross that bridge another day but until then the shit I have and know could be better than the shit I could get myself into with the unknown 😂

Similar thing happened to me a few weeks ago… Went to pull the zipper up on the left-hand side of the back window and found it had separated at the curve… it’s a Smittybuilt top I bought from thmotorsports in Oct 2020 for $183 with half door skins and tinted windows…
View attachment 409429

The next day I called Smittybuilt and explained the situation to the guy and he said “ man I hate to hear that, let me send you a new one”…Well OK!… No need to send pictures and to return the old one!…5 days later red white and blue Santa shows up with the new one…

View attachment 409435

I realize they are made in china and not the quality of a Bestop but if I can get 3 years out of this one that’ll be 6 years for $183…I’ll be a happy camper!

Nice! I actually ordered a China special off Scamazon today for...I dunno...$165? Don't remember the brand. Doesn't matter 😀. It's only on for summer when I can have the top down.
In the meantime I had to put my wrecked one back in place and screwed up the passenger zipper. I chose to Jimmy it and reinforce with zip ties. Thankful for good velcro 🤦‍♂️😂

Nice! I actually ordered a China special off Scamazon today for...I dunno...$165? Don't remember the brand. Doesn't matter 😀. It's only on for summer when I can have the top down.
In the meantime I had to put my wrecked one back in place and screwed up the passenger zipper. I chose to Jimmy it and reinforce with zip ties. Thankful for good velcro 🤦‍♂️😂

Zip ties and Velcro !!! ….. all you’re missing is the duck tape .😂
Three of the best inventions the last 100 years in my opinion 😀👍

Last edited:
oh shit! you guys are still in the 20th century down there? a lot of things make more sense now..

😀 Yeah I have heard you can flick a switch on the wall and the room becomes lighter and brighter… hard to keep up with the times these days lol
Fixed it now…

Reactions: Blondie70 and RINC
😀 Yeah I have heard you can flick a switch on the wall and the room becomes lighter and brighter… hard to keep up with the times these days lol
Fixed it now…
You're from NZ Kiwi? Is it actually true I can ship a TJ from the States down there, put it on jack stands and run it and it'll take miles OFF the odometer??

You're from NZ Kiwi? Is it actually true I can ship a TJ from the States down there, put it on jack stands and run it and it'll take miles OFF the odometer??

Yes I live in New Zealand….yes it’s true although but I Believe you need a flux capacitor or have a mate called Ferris Bueller 😂

Looking at the top edge of the inner panel I think you have a set of yj doors. They will still work but you will need yj style strikers. You also have to modify the interior handle because it will interfere with the dash. Also uppers for the yj won't fit the tj door surrounds and the tj uppers need modification to one of the pins to fit the yj door. With all the other work you've been doing this should be a walk in the park. 🙂

I guess they were TJ doors because the strikers that I purchased from deadjeep.com worked properly. Thankfully I didn’t have to try to piece it all together

Thanks @antwon412. I just did a 2.5" Rough Country springs and Rancho 5000x shocks and planning to go with 32" MT Baja Boss. Just trying to decide if I want to do the body lift/ motor mount lift and just go with 33" tires. Fortunately I don't need tires until I decide.

Size of tires depends on the size of the gears you have. I have 31's with 4.10 gears , I will like them better when I get the 4.56 gears installed. It's not about how it looks it's about how it runs. I wouldn't want 33's or 35's with 3.07 gears for sure !!!!!

Reactions: lowranger
Replaced the front bump stops and cups. Turns out I really didn't need to - unlike the backs that were rotten and one was badly impacted, the fronts were fine. So I kept the old fronts as they seem to be better quality than what I installed, but I did recycle the rusty cups.
View attachment 403967

View attachment 403968

Had to work the cup retaining bolts up and down a couple of times and slather them with never seeze to get them out. The driver's side tried to gall, but the never seeze stopped that.

@Zorba

The H&R Springs you installed. Did you have any measurable shift of your differentials after? I couldn’t imagine it being more than 1/8” or so. I am running stock non-adjustable track bars so it got me to wondering…

Last edited:
@Zorba

The H&R Springs you installed. Did you have any measurable shift of your differentials after? I couldn’t imagine it being more than 1/8” or so. I am running stock non-adjustable track bars so it got me to wondering…

You know you just ask a belly dancer about his differential shift correct :oops: :oops::cool::cool::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: