What did you do to your TJ today?

Made some changes to the suspension seat base. It needed to move rearward but that left over half the base cantilevered and unsupported, so I chopped a couple pieces of 2.5" square tube to support the overhanging part. The pieces are cut at an angle so I can get a wrench in there for the floor bolts.

PXL_20230721_171149477.jpg

Finished painting the frame, got it back down on all the new body mounts and savvy BL and torqued.

Finished assembling the front axle. Checked clearances. Had a lot of interference between steering stab and tie rod. Some different bolts and positioning of the axle took care of that. Front end finally back on its tires.

Now I'ma smoke a cigar and head out to see Oppenheimer at the Alamo Drafthouse

PXL_20230721_230404942.jpg

PXL_20230721_235701995.jpg

PXL_20230722_001348619.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20230722_000406280.jpg

Finished painting the frame, got it back down on all the new body mounts and savvy BL and torqued.

Finished assembling the front axle. Checked clearances. Had a lot of interference between steering stab and tie rod. Some different bolts and positioning of the axle took care of that. Front end finally back on its tires.

Now I'ma smoke a cigar and head out to see Oppenheimer at the Alamo Drafthouse

View attachment 443329

View attachment 443330

View attachment 443332

View attachment 443331

You need to go to an imax or similar to see the PLF version

Reactions: bluescapegoat
You need to go to an imax or similar to see the PLF version

Wish we had a 70mm IMAX around here. I've never been to the Alamo but always wanted to try it out so this seems like a good time. Maybe I should be going to the IMAX, but supposed to be a pretty good laser projector at the Alamo. I dunno. You can really get into the weeds trying to figure out who actually has what and sifting through their acronyms and exceptions... and I just couldn't be bothered lol.

I suppose it won't be the full ratio

Wish we had a 70mm IMAX around here. I've never been to the Alamo but always wanted to try it out so this seems like a good time. Maybe I should be going to the IMAX, but supposed to be a pretty good laser projector at the Alamo. I dunno. You can really get into the weeds trying to figure out who actually has what and sifting through their acronyms and exceptions... and I just couldn't be bothered lol.

I suppose it won't be the full ratio

Eagan has the EMX screen which shows the PLF version. $7 on Tuesdays. They sell alcohol and have axe throwing.

Eagan has the EMX screen...

More acronyms! :LOL:

Working for the gov drives me crazy sometimes. EVERYTHING must be an acronym or initialism. There are only 17,576 different 3-letter combos, surely they'll run out soon.

I'll check them out though. The Lakeville Emagine is right by my house. Nice powered recliners, bar, food, big ass screen. Cheap on Tuesdays I think. That's usually my go-to out of sheer convenience.

Reactions: Apparition
More acronyms! :LOL:

Working for the gov drives me crazy sometimes. EVERYTHING must be an acronym or initialism. There are only 17,576 different 3-letter combos, surely they'll run out soon.

I'll check them out though. The Lakeville Emagine is right by my house. Nice powered recliners, bar, food, big ass screen. Cheap on Tuesdays I think. That's usually my go-to out of sheer convenience.

Yep, same setup. Lakeville was my main theater when I lived in Elko New Market but when I had to move to Eagan I switched.

Was changing my starter today when I looked up saw this. No idea how long it’s been like that. Anybody know if it’s fixable or do I need a new upper control arm?

View attachment 443299

Take it off and clean it up, I might be fixable. You need to inspect the threads inside the tube and also see if the johnny (heim) joint sheared off inside the tube.

The upper joint should be fixed at the axle. I dont understand how the tube could have rotated to unthread itself unless those are turnbuckle style threads on both ends.