What did you do to your TJ today?

Jeep put together and uncovered after 2 years. Been under paint drop clothes. Great to see him in his glory again!

Tomorrow he is started and drives!

Final to-do (tomorrow morning) before the first drive:
  • Finish tightening exhaust manifold & weld cats down-pipe
  • Mark all torqued suspension bolts
  • Drain & fill Engine Oil
  • Align front wheels
  • Attach steering damper to Currie Currectlync

PXL_20230722_005557521.jpg

PXL_20230722_005609280.jpg

Excited Despicable Me GIF

I've got a stuck bolt on the water pump cover. I tension the belt as much as possible and this last bolt won't budge. I've sprayed it with Kroil Penetrating oil. i'm going to let it sit for a few minutes. any other suggestions?

EDIT: Got it!

Last edited:
I've got a stuck bolt on the water pump cover. I tension the belt as much as possible and this last bolt won't budge. I've sprayed it with Kroil Penetrating oil. i'm going to let it sit for a few minutes. any other suggestions?

not sure what you mean, why would you need to tension the belt for a cover bolt? Got a pic of what your looking at?

Got some new disconnects delivered today. I had previously put some regular extended links on the front and they make so much noise that I’m going to change them out for these. These seem pretty decent for a daily driver but I guess I’ll find out later today when I get them installed.

IMG_9846.jpeg

Made the swap to LED tail lights last night.
Lowering the license plate was less ideal due to some rough body paint behind the license plate bracket. Ended up using a few rivets to raise the tail lights to allow clearance.
Just need to Amazon a universal plate light and I’ll be set. Any recommendations would be great 👍

These Genright matrix lights get some hate for their utilitarian look, but I’m pretty happy with the results. Super bright compared to previous stock lights.
Already snagged a novita relay flasher from the local auto parts store thanks to this forum info.

IMG_1632.jpeg

IMG_1639.jpeg

IMG_1638.jpeg

IMG_1640.png

Out with the month and a half old links, in with the new quick disconnects. All I need to do is mount the end link holders for when disconnected. Took a ride around town and it was way quieter than the shitty rough country links I removed.

IMG_9847.jpeg

IMG_9848.jpeg

Last edited: