What did you do to your TJ today?

Went out to the shop, did my best to explain to BB that I wasn't cheating on her.
20230815_191244.jpg

I now have a company truck as my DD!!! Needless to say it's nice not putting the miles on BB, but this thing is no where near as fun to drive!!!!
20230815_191331.jpg

The new deep transmission oil pan just arrived. So, do I blow off work for a bit to install it, or wait until later?

I'm doing the same job, but hope the rubber gasket provided in the kit is enough. I would get a lube locker, but I'm already money poor from this repair 😞 I already changed the filter, installed the old pan and it's seeping fluid. Don't want to do this a third time! 😡

I'm doing the same job, but hope the rubber gasket provided in the kit is enough. I would get a lube locker, but I'm already money poor from this repair 😞 I already changed the filter, installed the old pan and it's seeping fluid. Don't want to do this a third time! 😡

My pan was leaking pretty badly. I really hope this one doesn't leak too. The old pan had a cork gasket and that was such a pain to clean.

The key to a non leaking transmission pan is do not over tighten!… a felpro gasket is prefered but it can be done with the rubber gasket… hand tighten and then torque to 13 ft lbs…good luck..

Went out to the shop, did my best to explain to BB that I wasn't cheating on her.
View attachment 450164

I now have a company truck as my DD!!! Needless to say it's nice not putting the miles on BB, but this thing is no where near as fun to drive!!!!
View attachment 450165

Mmmm yes I agree boring truck…I think Chris needs to add a ‘yawn’ emoji !

The key to a non leaking transmission pan is do not over tighten!… a felpro gasket is prefered but it can be done with the rubber gasket… hand tighten and then torque to 13 ft lbs…good luck..

Yes, that's what I got the torque wrench set to, the stock pan was pretty bent around the bolt holes, so this new pan should work better 🤞

And then it almost burned down today. Got lucky, battery hold down worked itself loose and battery slid allowing positive cable to touch the fender and short. No fuses popped, still runs fine, just need to tighten it back down and clean up that area. Very, very lucky.

• Wow
Reactions: Kiwi TJ and L J
Noticed ATF leaking from the pinion gear adapter on my NP 231 transfer case the other day, so I removed the adapter clamp and found that the adapter was just rattling around in the housing. Likely an bad o-ring, ordered a new Mopar part (603709) off Amazon. It showed up this morning so I pulled the adapter and replaced the o-ring before I left for work. Easy fix. Looks good so far, no new leaks on the way to work, but I'll drive it around for a few days before I declare victory.
20230803_075139.jpg