What did you do to your TJ today?

My welder buddy told me the 18 is the designator for gas and the 20 is the designator for flux. A quick Google seems to confirm right from Hobart's website. If not, I'd love to know what the 18 and 20 stand for, as there is no other difference in the packaging.

View attachment 441549

View attachment 441550

View attachment 441551
From Kobelco:
View attachment 441552
To answer your question AWS A5.20 & AWS A5.18 are the name of the specifications published by AWS and typically used as the industry standard.
1692283293043.png

1692283350923.png

the ER70S-6 is the specific classification on that particular electrode
ER - Electrode or rod
70 - Tensile strength in KSI
S - Solid
6 - Coating (in this case its a type of silica)

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I put some new rear lower arms on my ride today. So much quieter and tighter ride. I don’t know what kind of longevity Rubicon Express joints and bushings have but they seem well made, compared to what I took off they’re mint lol. I found them on sale on Amazon for $153 with the original price listed at $249 but I don’t know what the actual MSRP is.

IMG_9951.jpeg

IMG_9952.jpeg

I inspected it and found another transmission oil leak. I know it isn't the pan leaking because right now, there is no oil in the pan. Also, the skid plate is off and there is a jack stand under the bell housing, so the transmission alignment is slightly off.

So, any tips on tracking down this leak?

IMG_3923.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I took it to a company Jeep get together at the office. It was a bit of a blowout. We expected at least 25 Jeeps but only 9 showed up. Still, great folks and good way to kill an hour away from my desk.

View attachment 450646

This is why I love Jeeps… that’s awesome.
If it happened at our office it would be car park full of white Corolla’s 😂😂

Turns out I'm a dumbass lol. Installed new double din radio, sweet! Bought the metra faceplate for 03-06 even though I have a 99 because I converted the lower panel, easy I thought. Turns out lots of stuff is different so I can't use the radio mount plates, need AC control spacers, all kinds of stuff that only comes in the 97-02 kits. On a side note, if anyone needs 03-06 stuff hit me up 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: All 4 Wheelin'