What did you do to your TJ today?

Who said you can’t go to work topless?
7089B7A0-228B-404E-A9D3-B41EBFEF8846.jpeg

Today, I plugged up some holes in the console and repainted it. There holes form the previous owner as well as some from my CB mic bracket (changing the location). It was Khaki, now black. And installed a JKS track bar to get the front end centered up after the new lift. That thing is pure beef! I hadn't seen a JJ before but damn, that thing is beefy and tight as hell. I assume it will break in with use.
e5hQTGEZsePDHLHFXw2jEmJZWr5O8AVG3oZRPe0CA-ccBuEIyt3yfxlLIP5lEBXcDbShfsTe7qQX0vD4NLU=w359-h637-no.jpg

Cn2XCo6p1eYeglB6v180XGV8HTk68PM0J08c_3eUjvQRfBM30px4Zubx8k87hyFcIttZpUIq1HtoHpeEdU=w1133-h637-no.jpg

Today, I plugged up some holes in the console and repainted it. There holes form the previous owner as well as some from my CB mic bracket (changing the location). It was Khaki, now black. And installed a JKS track bar to get the front end centered up after the new lift. That thing is pure beef! I hadn't seen a JJ before but damn, that thing is beefy and tight as hell. I assume it will break in with use.
View attachment 36699
View attachment 36700

What paint did you use on the console? I am plagued with the Khaki also, and the black looks pretty cool. Have you done it before does it last or do you have to keep repainting it? Any prep necessary?

Thanks in advance.

Today was good day !!!
(Here's why)....I fill up at a BP gas station and they have a loyalty card system where you get 6 cents off per liter of petrol...when you go to pay you can choose to take the discount gas or save the 6 cents off and add it to the 6 cents you had last time you filled up you already have so now you have 12 cents off a liter....(stay with me haha) so you cents off per liter increases every time you fill up.6 then 12 then 18 etc... any way I decided to see just how far I could go with this....ended up with $1.73 cents off a liter normal price is $1.99 cents per liter...got a HUGE discount...fill up the jeep and would have cost me $99.41 ended up costing me just $8.41 !!!!! wooohoooo score
DSCN0581_LI.jpg

Today was good day !!!
(Here's why)....I fill up at a BP gas station and they have a loyalty card system where you get 6 cents off per liter of petrol...when you go to pay you can choose to take the discount gas or save the 6 cents off and add it to the 6 cents you had last time you filled up you already have so now you have 12 cents off a liter....(stay with me haha) so you cents off per liter increases every time you fill up.6 then 12 then 18 etc... any way I decided to see just how far I could go with this....ended up with $1.73 cents off a liter normal price is $1.99 cents per liter...got a HUGE discount...fill up the jeep and would have cost me $99.41 ended up costing me just $8.41 !!!!! wooohoooo score
View attachment 36713
Right on, Kiwi! My wife benefited from an error a few years back when filling up her XJ. The station had done some maintenance on the pumps, and had accidently adjusted the price per gallon down to .35 cents, instead of up to $3.50 per gallon. Kris, being an honest sort, went in and told the attendant that there must be a mistake, as the total cost to fill an almost empty tank was minimal. The guy said it was their mistake, thanked her for her honesty, and tagged-out the pump for repair. He did not charge her for the "correct" amount. Score!

Today was good day !!!
View attachment 36713
Geez! You’re paying~3x’s what we pay for petrol! You needed a break! Did I just type petrol!?

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I've always like the 5.9 ZJ hood vents, and the few TJs I've seen pics of with them, well I liked those too.

A buddy had a parts Jeep with the vents, and he have them to me. I cleaned them up, painted and installed them today. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.
MVIMG_20180324_151242.jpg
MVIMG_20180324_151304.jpg
MVIMG_20180324_151235.jpg
MVIMG_20180324_151320.jpg
IMG_20180324_151410.jpg

Got the 7” flares installed today. Oil change and sway bar links to come next week.

Gonna be hard to wait for 33’s now.

b6771c0fa16a603783cf4cf6dd4b1e9c.jpg
9eff6a989a3d509946ca86ccb8a57519.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 36699

You have the 2-cup holder mini-console. I've only seen that a couple times. I wish I had that. Mine is the 1-cup. It's a pain when picking up food and drinks to bring home to the girlfriend. I don't want the full console though. I didn't know the 2-cup mini even existed until a few months ago.

Added some side turn signals now. I will replace the fenders soon so I wanted the side indicators to be on my hood (I’m using hood pins) so the old strap areas were great choices. Picked up four Amber 1” LED indicators and drilled! The top leds are for turn signals, the bottom ones are for running lights.! No resistors or diodes to mess with if it’s done this way.
b973ed2a21e120abb6c9040b748db58a.jpg
00b1b02f7329084637f975b01c74491a.jpg
df1765bbc8e7b1ebea85f48baac971c3.jpg
02d5f83fcf5f613312709f4f5a00eb2a.jpg

You have the 2-cup holder mini-console. I've only seen that a couple times. I wish I had that. Mine is the 1-cup. It's a pain when picking up food and drinks to bring home to the girlfriend. I don't want the full console though. I didn't know the 2-cup mini even existed until a few months ago.
Interesting. Had no idea it was "rare."

I installed my new rims & tires last week as well as 4 new shocks and steering stabilizer.
Not shown is new side steps I installed on Friday.
Today I had a new matching spare rim installed on the spare tire.
Been busy spending money on this thing. Lol

A5F1D1C5-7BFE-4F4B-95B9-C7A028AE335D.jpeg

FE373618-E6DD-45CD-ABEB-BA7B15C8F587.jpeg

Post back on how that holds up color wise, I’ve been looking at using it myself

Buddy who did it to his spice soft top turned it black and it’s been a year for him and no fade or discoloration. Can’t even tell it was ever spice. I do notice a smell on the inside of jeep though still (painted over a week ago).

Lowered my tire pressure on my 33x12.5’s Cooper STT Pro’s to 23psi. I’m going to give this a try. Ride is too rough at 26psi and the tire is riding in the center, with not enough on the edge, in my estimation.
You may know the technique, but I usually tune my tires by setting a psi then riding through a lil mud. Once you have the tread covered get on blacktop and drive a few miles and it shows exactly how the tread is making contact. You will know if you should air up or down and try again.

Today messed with dropping the skid a bit. Developed some vibs after the BDS coils, even with a mml. The mml basically sets the angle so even lowering it a 1/4" didn't help the angle at all. Even played with lowering just the rear of the skid with no help. There is about a 3.5 degree difference. When I throw the kids in it compresses the rear enough to eliminate the vibs nearly 100%. It is a tad bit better and isn't terrible but not something I should leave long term.