What did you do to your TJ today?

Removing the bump stops on the front end has been "fun". The passenger side got out pretty easily. The drivers side is coming out one crumb at a time. Then, I gotta see if I can squeeze the new bump stop through the springs. I have a feeling that is going to be harder than I think.
 
Removing the bump stops on the front end has been "fun". The passenger side got out pretty easily. The drivers side is coming out one crumb at a time. Then, I gotta see if I can squeeze the new bump stop through the springs. I have a feeling that is going to be harder than I think.

Yeah I did my rear bump stops and was able to get them in through the springs… they had all but crumbled away too.
I have heard to the front ones can only be done after removing the springs but you never know 😉
 
  • Like
Reactions: JasterMereel42
Yeah I did my rear bump stops and was able to get them in through the springs… they had all but crumbled away too.
I have heard to the front ones can only be done after removing the springs but you never know 😉

For the fronts, I'm going to unweight the axle a bit, use some woodworking clamps, and see if I can get enough of a gap in the springs to squeeze in the new bump stop. If that doesn't work, which I doubt it will, I will just wait on the front bump stops until I replace the front springs. I don't want to mess with the springs if I can avoid it because those are more dangerous to work with.
 
Yeah I did my rear bump stops and was able to get them in through the springs… they had all but crumbled away too.
I have heard to the front ones can only be done after removing the springs but you never know 😉

I managed to get mine through the front springs by disconnecting the shocks and sway bar and letting the axle droop. Took longer to scrape out all the bits of the old ones than it did to get the new ones in.
 
I managed to get mine through the front springs by disconnecting the shocks and sway bar and letting the axle droop. Took longer to scrape out all the bits of the old ones than it did to get the new ones in.

Did you mess with the brake line at all?
 
I managed to get mine through the front springs by disconnecting the shocks and sway bar and letting the axle droop. Took longer to scrape out all the bits of the old ones than it did to get the new ones in.

Where there’s a will there’s a way 😂
 
I made end caps for my front bumper:

IMG_20231007_122037.jpg


I'm painting them black right now :LOL:
 
For the fronts, I'm going to unweight the axle a bit, use some woodworking clamps, and see if I can get enough of a gap in the springs to squeeze in the new bump stop. If that doesn't work, which I doubt it will, I will just wait on the front bump stops until I replace the front springs. I don't want to mess with the springs if I can avoid it because those are more dangerous to work with.

That's what I did. Jacked up one side, let the other side (without wheel) droop. Fit right in.
 
Replaced o2 censer b1/s2 with a large pipe wrench and heat. Cleared codes. Need to do drive cycle today to see results.
So how do you know if your fixing bad o2 censers or your computer is faulty?
 
  • Like
Reactions: John Cooper
Finally installing the Genright sliders I’ve been sitting on for a year.
@rasband made me a deal on them since they were clearanced for hi-lines. I had to add some metal back.

IMG_3221.jpeg


IMG_3222.jpeg


IMG_3880.jpeg


IMG_3879.jpeg

Got all the holes and inserts done last night. Todays plan is paint the folded body seam, wax the rocker box, and send it.
 
Finally installing the Genright sliders I’ve been sitting on for a year.
@rasband made me a deal on them since they were clearanced for hi-lines. I had to add some metal back.

Always encouraging to see folks using the proper tools to complete a job... :D

IMG_3880A.jpg


....and I'm suffering from welder envy...I really need to find some shop space for rent...