What did you do to your TJ today?

Taking wife to dinner in it.

Bragging non stop-

“Yeah, these are yer 5.9 Grand Cherokee vents. Not easy to find. Takes nerve to cut a hood. High speed grinder. Step Bit. Pretty dangerous procedure. @John Cooper and Triton ain’t done it. @Hog will. He ain’t skeered. Bet you won’t see another TJ with ‘em tonight.”

View attachment 471354

Might have to follow ya on that,but that GR hood louver seems like a good option too😁

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Taking wife to dinner in it.

Bragging non stop-

“Yeah, these are yer 5.9 Grand Cherokee vents. Not easy to find. Takes nerve to cut a hood. High speed grinder. Step Bit. Pretty dangerous procedure. @John Cooper and Triton ain’t done it. @Hog will. He ain’t skeered. Bet you won’t see another TJ with ‘em tonight.”

View attachment 471354

Chicks dig hood louvers

All over the place with my projects today...

Highlights:

Been working the heat gun and recovering plastic:

Compare the recovered driver side to the yet-to-be-heated passenger..
PXL_20231104_160430140.jpg

Column cover:
PXL_20231104_154934566.jpg

PXL_20231104_180511711.jpg

Working on my Windstar intake due to the GenRight fenders (inner & outer):

PXL_20231104_201921521.jpg

Went to bleed clutch with fresh fluid and found one slave cylinder bolt is broken & the nut is rounded out and stuck on the stud. These things are unobtanium - new one unlikely to be here until the end of the month.

PXL_20231104_202912962.jpg

Typical wrenching — making progress & making/finding problems....

All over the place with my projects today...

Highlights:

Been working the heat gun and recovering plastic:

Compare the recovered driver side to the yet-to-be-heated passenger..
View attachment 471363

Column cover:
View attachment 471364

View attachment 471365

Working on my Windstar intake due to the GenRight fenders (inner & outer):

View attachment 471366

Went to bleed clutch with fresh fluid and found one slave cylinder bolt is broken & the nut is rounded out and stuck on the stud. These things are unobtanium - new one unlikely to be here until the end of the month.

View attachment 471362

Typical wrenching — making progress & making/finding problems....

Don’t that hurt the plastic?

Don’t that hurt the plastic?

'Not according to the internet'..... 😂 (because the internet is always right... lol) Damage can't be any worse than the condition of the parts before heating them.

Plenty of videos and walk throughs around of folks using it. I was very careful to avoid over-heating to avoid warping.

From what I gather, it brings the oils within the plastic back to life. You can easily burn off the 'texture' of components quickly so it's a delicate task. It 'snaps' from not-enough to just-enough heat to make the conversion happen. I used the under steering column part first since it isn't high visibility if I f'ed up...

Once the part hits the right temp for the 'oxidized' look to disappear, it's like spray painting, it spreads really easily across the part. I tried to 'swirl' the gun to avoid lines and cooling spots.

Waiting for tomorrow/ daylight.

View attachment 471308

Thats some good lookin winch line, Dumb question but im assuming that end is machined from aluminum right ? As well who makes that winch line
Im looking to get some synthetic line for my warn m8k to replace the steel cable, Was thinking about the "Freedom winch line" from BleepingJeep or simply some warn spydura line with a factor 55 end and call it a day.....The end 🙃

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Thats some good lookin winch line, Dumb question but im assuming that end is machined from aluminum right ? As well who makes that winch line
Im looking to get some synthetic line for my warn m8k to replace the steel cable, Was thinking about the "Freedom winch line" from BleepingJeep or simply some warn spydura line with a factor 55 end and call it a day.....The end 🙃

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/wrg-winch-rope-on-the-website.73268/ made by @mrblaine of blackmagicbrakes.com and WizardRecoverygear.com

The thimble is also made by WRG. High quality and well respected.

The freedom line looks pretty cool,that being you don’t need anything else to start winching.but already having gear I went with the tre line and safety thimble.

I can still see your posts so apparently you haven't pissed me about enough to block you, so there is that.

Well thats good to know 😆
To add i feel as if i've pissed you off by my apparent dumb questions, I,e rollcages and suspension related stuff.....
But anyways have a good one sir 🫡

Reactions: ColoJeep
The freedom line looks pretty cool,that being you don’t need anything else to start winching.

yeah thats the reason why i wanted it but ill stick with something more "conventional" and if i hear enough of how good it is ill give it a shot, looks like my money will go to Mr.Blaine's winch line 😀 alone with brakes some other day per say

Looks like the TJ will be parked for a while unfortunately. I got attacked by a conveyor belt at work Wednesday night and had to be flown to Inova Fairfax. After two surgeries in three days the doctors are optimistic about keeping my arm but it looks like my pinky might have other plans. I have a long road to recovery and probably won’t be able to drive a stick for a while or even work on my Jeep but I’ll still check in and try to help anyone I can. I have three more surgeries scheduled for next week. They’re flushing the wound out and applying artificial skin since I no longer have any on my forearm. Thankfully it wasn’t worse. Sorry for the gruesome pictures in advance lol

72084295172__F6252270-EEBF-4A91-9082-3C96F62CA75C.jpeg

IMG_0563.jpeg

Looks like the TJ will be parked for a while unfortunately. I got attacked by a conveyor belt at work Wednesday night and had to be flown to Inova Fairfax. After two surgeries in three days the doctors are optimistic about keeping my arm but it looks like my pinky might have other plans. I have a long road to recovery and probably won’t be able to drive a stick for a while or even work on my Jeep but I’ll still check in and try to help anyone I can. I have three more surgeries scheduled for next week. They’re flushing the wound out and applying artificial skin since I no longer have any on my forearm. Thankfully it wasn’t worse. Sorry for the gruesome pictures in advance lol

View attachment 471403

View attachment 471404

Wow! Sorry to hear about that, kincaid.0678. Prayers sent for a speedy and full recovery, my friend!

Last edited: