What did you do to your TJ today?

another round of working on my seat heater. I can hobble around like a toddler if i have to but not able to actually climb in to test/appreciate my seat seat heaters. One in, lights up, seat gets warm. New covers for the bottoms. PO had a vinyl version of these- I like that they take the wear and tear of sliding in and have front pockets handy when the doors are off for temp storage. Gray leather this time for a touch class on a budget.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Awesome!
Where did you find the vents at? That's something I've been thinking about doing since my HEMI swap to lower the under hood temps a little..

eBay- just search 1998 5.9 liter grand Cherokee vents- expect to pay $200-300.

It fixed my heat soak. I love the look.

Had these louvers sitting in the shed for the last 5 years, so may as well use them. Before anyone says "they won't make the engine run any cooler" Save it, we aren't all stupid! I installed them to let the heat escape when the engine is off. That was the only reason, and the fact they were sitting in the shed for years. It's surprising how much heat comes out when the engine is off.

IMG_3895.JPG

IMG_3896.JPG

IMG_3898.JPG

I always thought I would only do hood vents if I could find an old school hotrod guy to stamp my hood.
However, I like yours. The body matched paint really helps.

The uncanny thing is they were designed for a more squarish body style, and they look perfect on the TJ -

I should have set them a tad back but erred a little too much on clearing the rear hood reinforcement.

Glad I did it.

I have another TJ I’m thinking really seriously about doing the same on.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Had these louvers sitting in the shed for the last 5 years, so may as well use them. Before anyone says "they won't make the engine run any cooler" Save it, we aren't all stupid! I installed them to let the heat escape when the engine is off. That was the only reason, and the fact they were sitting in the shed for years. It's surprising how much heat comes out when the engine is off.

View attachment 473540

View attachment 473541

View attachment 473542

Mine immediately stopped the heat soak issue…..it’s not the engine temp that causes it, it’s the heat build up in the engine compartment. The engine temp is regulated by the thermostat. It’s somewhat constant based on the condition of the cooling system

Yours look good and your cuts look good.

Crazy as it sounds I’m wondering if removing the gasket at the cowl might net the same result, maybe even a tad better as the air pushes back.

Replaced the starter and installed a Big 7 wire kit (2 gage). Now the Jeep starts again. Found out this weekend that one of the neighbors has some new RF toy that is on the same frequency as the wireless remote for my winch.

20231111_160130.jpg

Son of a Biscuit Eater!

New rope and fairlead ordered from @mrblaine. Thank you, sir (and @Blackjack), for your impeccable timing in making high quality winch rope available just as I am in need.

An Auxbeam switch box is already on the bench waiting patiently for its turn to be installed, so I guess this is a good time to figure out how to use one of the buttons to turn on and off main winch power from the driver's seat. I kind of suck at wiring, is there a preferred method? I have seen various manual isolation switches from under the hood, but I really don't want to have to open the hood every time I want to use the winch. I think I saw @Zorba was using a 500 amp solenoid which might be my path because it would be easy to trigger from the Auxbeam. Advice and pics are welcome.

Or maybe a 10 year old rope that needed to be replaced. When I unwound the rest of the rope, it had been run back and forth several times and wound backwards quite a ways. Needless to say the winch had its way with the rope for a bit before it broke.

Not mine but couldn't figure out a good place to post this other than here.

MCE flares with factory highline fenders. Looks pretty good too.

View attachment 473571

Looks great they work well together….although the clamp (hood ornament) on the front may not pass safety inspection 😂

Last edited:
Welp...took a brass wire brush to all the bolts to take off any rust

Clear coated my grill,am painting my intake manifold gloss black,starting on my throttle body painting 😁 finished deburring(to help stop cracking)& painting my exhaust manifolds as well,that por15 is strong my dad caught me feeling myself a bit too much while listening to Lauryn Hill🤣 guess the fumes of that damn paint got me,been huffing these paints this whole day....

Anyways here's the bolts....I have no idea where some of these go so I'll have to play a fun game of F.A.F.O with my bolts once I finish my cam swap😬 Luckily I know where most of them go 😁
20231112_222453.jpg

20231112_214249.jpg

20231111_214946.jpg

20231112_200158.jpg

20231112_200238.jpg

PLEASE READ IF YOU COULD HELP
Ahhh yes the paint is too nice compared to the rest of my jeep now , READ THIS➡️ the clear made the paint look more creamy looking,the rest of my jeep is a bright white compared to this,might have to not run clear on the front of my grill cause then it's the same color as the rest of my jeep without the clear!⤵️
20231112_223638.jpg

This is exactly how it looks like before clear as is sits now,but the back is a different story!

20231112_200158.jpg

20231112_200158.jpg

20231112_200158.jpg

Mine immediately stopped the heat soak issue…..it’s not the engine temp that causes it, it’s the heat build up in the engine compartment. The engine temp is regulated by the thermostat. It’s somewhat constant based on the condition of the cooling system

Yours look good and your cuts look good.

Crazy as it sounds I’m wondering if removing the gasket at the cowl might net the same result, maybe even a tad better as the air pushes back.

Funny you say that. On hot days, I used to remove the seal at the back of the hood / cowl area. Surprising how much heat just comes up through there.

Reactions: AndyG and Kiwi TJ