What did you do to your TJ today?

I had a high beam out on my LED headlights when I went to get the state inspection. They passed it anyway. I was going to buy new ones when my wife found this in her storage unit yesterday. Saved me a few bucks that I didn't have anyway. 🥳

headlight.jpg

another round of working on my seat heater. I can hobble around like a toddler if i have to but not able to actually climb in to test/appreciate my seat seat heaters. One in, lights up, seat gets warm. New covers for the bottoms. PO had a vinyl version of these- I like that they take the wear and tear of sliding in and have front pockets handy when the doors are off for temp storage. Gray leather this time for a touch class on a budget.

View attachment 473404
I'm sure that you have posted this somewhere else, but what brand/style of seat heater is this?
Thanks

Chasing a 'cranks no start' conundrum. Does brand matter for crank position sensor, throttle position sensor, cam position sensor?

For the curious, will run with some fuel or starting fluid down the throttle body, I can hear the fuel pump kicking on, it has 1/2 tank of gas in it, and the battery is at 12.5 volts. My thinking is that something electrical is not telling the engine to run. Currently not showing any codes after getting a TPS code, swapped in a Duralast and still won't start. Haven't got it running again, and so far 0 codes.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Advice and pics are welcome.
319.jpg

Picture taken before the control circuit was installed.

318.jpg

Don't forget some kind of circuit protection - that high current circuit runs all the way to the front of the Jeep. Both this 500 amp fuse and the solenoid can be bypassed quickly in the field if they happen to fail. I secured the wire end with a strap as well, you don't want to leave it loose as shown here.

Welp since I'm already here I'm gonna re loom my wiring......keep in mind I was only gonna do a harmonic balancer replacement, may take another week off

And I may repaint part of the engine bay too while I'm at it,doing a stroker seems very tempting since I'm already here but machine shop lead times are telling me no and so are my pockets😬

"But since im already here" and that people has been the tale of my situation 🤣
Damn you ADHD and apparently OCD But I'm a mess so no OCD? Can't stop myself...
20231113_121021.jpg

Welp since I'm already here I'm gonna re loom my wiring......keep in mind I was only gonna do a harmonic balancer replacement, may take another week off

And I may repaint part of the engine bay too while I'm at it,doing a stroker seems very tempting since I'm already here but machine shop lead times are telling me no and so are my pockets😬

"But since im already here" and that people has been the tale of my situation 🤣
Damn you ADHD and apparently OCD But I'm a mess so no OCD? Can't stop myself...
View attachment 473810

Dude - you need to name your rig “Snowball.”

🙂

I think you've inadvertently identified the issue, these statements are incongruous. Gotta earn to burn, unless you have a trust fund...or a sugar momma... :)

Yeah true 😅
Nope no sugar momma...I wish 😉 no trust fund either
Just hard work and dedication is where my 19 year old self has and will continue,ain't nothing free,even this driveway and garage aint free.

That being said im happy that I have plenty of PTO for this event,got another month's worth of PTO😉 and my supervisor advised me to use it cause it will roll over to sick time in wich I have plenty of from never using my PTO till now 😁
20231113_130618.jpg

Let the cam swap begin.....after I pressure wash this mess though
Edit- If I came off as disrespectful by my sentences where i Said "Ain't free" I didn't mean to,I'm looking back at what I wrote so I apologize in advance :D

Yeah true 😅
Nope no sugar momma...I wish 😉 no trust fund either
Just hard work and dedication is where my 19 year old self has and will continue,ain't nothing free,even this driveway and garage aint free.

That being said im happy that I have plenty of PTO for this event,got another month's worth of PTO😉 and my supervisor advised me to use it cause it will roll over to sick time in wich I have plenty of from never using my PTO till now 😁
View attachment 473819
Let the cam swap begin.....after I pressure wash this mess though

Whazzup with that Chevy pickup across the street? Looks squashed or something.

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Just installed my new free eyeball. Now my high beams can both wink at oncoming drivers when they leave their brights on. I also aimed them down slightly. :cool:

I just had someone try to be cute last week after I re-aimed mine... they flashed me (I flashed back), they then put their high beams on, so I obliged them by turning on light switches until they relented... only got my high beams and the hood spots on before they gave up...