What did you do to your TJ today?

Finally got my last few interior LEDs and got them put in the HVAC slider. Not super happy with them because they make bright spots. May have to figure out a different option. Also, don't love that the HVAC still lights up green, but I don't know that there is a fix for that?

Then drove it to an appointment and hour away with the Trektop flipped back to enjoy some rare November sunshine. Was a bit chilly but totally worth it.

Noticed I needed gas and pressed the trip button to see how many miles since I last got gas and it said 40 miles. Had a little panic that maybe I had a fuel leak while it's been parked. Then I realized that I pulled the gauge cluster the other day and it must've reset the trip.

Finished up the "Painting Underneath Project". Thorough hand cleaning, rust spot sanding & rust bullet coat on rusty spots. Then Primer, Base, & Clear coat. The rear section underneath will be done next.

image4 (2).jpeg

image2 (5).jpeg

image1 (7).jpeg

image0 (9).jpeg

image2 (4).jpeg

Don’t forget to wet sand.

No I'm too lazy,looks good to me plus i dont have a buffer and to be completely honest im again being lazy plus im not a paint guy i just used common sense but hey ill probably give it a try on the front side of the grill since I'll see that not that I won't see the bay but regardless I'm leaving it better than what the factory did,I wasn't even supposed to be doing all this only a Harmonic balancer swap which led to all this😆

But for now I'll focus on my head and cam swap😁,and maybe ill re clear the engine bay after i sand it down🧐 But for all that to happen i need to take time off again from work.

20231112_200238.jpg

Edit- Can't frggin spell,Ole autocorrect

Finished up the "Painting Underneath Project". Thorough hand cleaning, rust spot sanding & rust bullet coat on rusty spots. Then Primer, Base, & Clear coat. The rear section underneath will be done next.

View attachment 474178

View attachment 474179

View attachment 474181

View attachment 474182

View attachment 474180

If your bored and want to do another one, it's the same color to! :LOL: Seriously excellent job, that's how I want mine to look like. All projects have stopped until next spring here though :( To cold now :cautious:

If your bored and want to do another one, it's the same color to! :LOL: Seriously excellent job, that's how I want mine to look like. All projects have stopped until next spring here though :( To cold now :cautious:

Thanks! Lordy... I've put this off for 3 years now.. It really wasn't the worst of jobs.... It took a solid week though... Pretty sure I don't want to repeat this process ever again. Next time... the tub will be coming off of the frame...

finally replaced my 9 year old badlands winch that has been used and abused with a warn evo10s since they were giving out rebates. Need to figure out how to wire it to my 12voltguy in cab winch switch.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ