What did you do to your TJ today?

I did some general maintenance today - oil change and tire rotation etc….

I noticed that the rear coil spring jounce bumper/bump stop rotted off.

I’m not exactly sure how to fix the issue because the cup rusted out as well.

I hate rust. 😡
View attachment 476919

I hate rust too after seeing your post my bumpstop posts are full of dirt and dried leaves 😅
This harmonic balancer replacement is turning into a multitasked process.....keep finding all these little things 🙄

Did a hidden installation of a Midland MXT275 behind the knee bolster. Ran a 3’ double male Cat6 cable down under the dash and center console to a weather resistant RJ45 coupler, so I can remove the mic when needed with the top off. I can’t take credit for the idea, but I’ll be danged if I can find the website I got the idea from to link it.
As a bonus, I ran the charging cord from the phone mount charger to the USB C port on the front of the radio, thus hiding most of that cable behind the dash now and freeing up space at the 12v power socket.
IMG_6492.jpeg
I promise you there’s a radio in there. 🤣

IMG_6493.jpeg

IMG_6494.jpeg

Did this hand held radio and mic mount. Really like the easy access and being able to see the radio displays at a glance. https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/diy-handheld-ham-radio-mount-for-tj.19226/
IMG_6500.jpeg

Installed the dead pedal off a Mustang that I’ve had sitting in the box it came in on the shelf for an entirely inappropriate amount of time. Don’t ask me to explain why a project that only required 15 minutes, marking and drilling two holes then installing a couple nutserts took 2 years to complete.

IMG_7246.jpeg

Last edited:
This harmonic balancer replacement is turning into a multitasked process.....keep finding all these little things

All I know is, every time you post new photos of your Jeep, it's missing more parts than it was the last time. I don't think you can continue blaming the harmonic balancer at this point... :sneaky:

I did some general maintenance today - oil change and tire rotation etc….

I noticed that the rear coil spring jounce bumper/bump stop rotted off.

I’m not exactly sure how to fix the issue because the cup rusted out as well.

I hate rust. 😡
View attachment 476919

If its just the cup, it can be replaced easy enough. Otherwise, sounds like more work/welding needs doing.

All I know is, every time you post new photos of your Jeep, it's missing more parts than it was the last time. I don't think you can continue blaming the harmonic balancer at this point... :sneaky:

But but ....but I can't help it 🥺. But I'm already here I might as well just-

But yeah your right as you can see there's a broken harmonic balancer 🧐
...And since I'm already here I might as well just do a damn stroker at this point and respray the jeep, The end.
Just kidding, I wish but my pockets are crying right about now so anyways i will keep taking stuff off so expect a bare front end by this week or so 🤣

Reactions: chili_pepper
Pictures tell the story of the CHMSL and 31 inch tires:
599.jpg

59a.jpg

59b.jpg

59c.jpg

Now I can slip the edge of a tire cover under the CHMSL again. Just need the new cover!

Oh, and note the added nuts on the tire mounting studs - that lets me tighten the lug nuts without the snubbers excessively digging into the sidewalls and putting tons of force on the tailgate latch. Looks and feels about the same as the stock setup did.

EDIT: Looks like there's no screws holding the lamp lens on! I'll have to double check that tomorrow - if so, its been like that since I bought the Jeep.

Well today I stopped by HF just to browse and BANG there it was the new improved version of the light @AndyG just couldn't live without!!!!! And still on Black Friday Sale of $19.99.

I just picked up a couple of the similar "Icon" branded lights from Hobo Fright @ $24.99 each. One for the LJ and one for the tool box:
20231126_034706.jpg

I just picked up a couple of the similar "Icon" branded lights from Hobo Fright @ $24.99 each. One for the LJ and one for the tool box:
View attachment 477011

I saw those also, I just went with the cheaper of the 2.

Just incase @AndyG has sticky fingers and tries to lift mine next time we meet up!!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Refinished oxidizing hard top with Meguiars Ultimate Compound, followed by Ultimate Polish, followed by liquid wax. 1st pic is how it looked before I started
View attachment 477166

View attachment 477169

View attachment 477171

View attachment 477172

Refinished oxidizing hard top with Meguiars Ultimate Compound, followed by Ultimate Polish, followed by liquid wax. 1st pic is how it looked before I started
View attachment 477166

View attachment 477169

View attachment 477171

View attachment 477172

What type of top is that? Looks like it is in pieces?