What did you do to your TJ today?

The decals on my 04' (including Rubicon) are a dark slate gray, not black or silver. The flag is black, the Jeep is not.
decals.jpg

Reactions: joelachr and RINC
Basically, they don't want the truth. 🤫

I don't think that's the complete of it. I think they can't handle the truth. The fact that there is a lot of junk on Amazon. If you want your review to get through, you have to be nice with your criticism as to not offend Amazon's lack of quality, and quality review. A lot of the stuff on Amazon comes directly from China. Generally not a high quality product manufacturer.

Inadequate spark and inadequate fuel can trigger a misfire code. Have you tried a new coil? How about swapping injectors with another cylinder's injector (if the code changes to another cylinder, the injector is bad)?

Not likely. What's the code that's triggered?

That's not likely the problem. Fuel pressure affects the performance of all the injectors, so I'd expect other misfire codes, not just one cylinder.

Other code being triggered is P0442, small leak in the EVAP system.

I haven't tried a new coil, good idea on swapping the injector around. I'll try that next.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and RINC
Last weekend led a group down a local trail here. Potts Mountain Jeep trail.

Last trip before the tear down for arb lockers, gears, 4inch springs and savvy arms/ belly skids over the winter.

Almost dented my hood really bad, managed to keep it to a very minor door ding style mark.

As big groups go, it was muddy and slick by the time the last rig made it to the obstacle. Great time!

received_316335011163018.jpeg

received_321169134011929.jpeg

received_1057324075720635.jpeg

received_6549565118481289.jpeg

received_1390641574884724.jpeg

Other code being triggered is P0442, small leak in the EVAP system.

P0442 wouldn't cause misfires or performance issues. The PCM, by federal mandate, has to periodically check the evap system to ensure its working. It has detected that there is a small leak in the system. The evap system isn't even necessary for the vehicle to run. It's just there to minimize emissions from gas evaporating from the gas tank. The best way to find an evap leak is to have someone do a smoke test (or do it yourself if you have the equipment.) Essentially, smoke is pumped into the gas tank, and you look where it's leaking out. But, again, this is a completely separate issue from your misfires.

I haven't tried a new coil, good idea on swapping the injector around. I'll try that next.

Coil is always the very first thing I try, followed by injectors, for a misfire. They are the two most common causes, in my experience. A misfire is detected by the PCM comparing the time (in thousandths of a second) between piston strokes (via the cam and crank sensors.) When combustion is inadequate (a misfire), it takes longer for that cylinder to push the crank to the next cylinder's firing event. So, primary causes (meaning that it was actually inadequate combustion) are lack of air (low cylinder compression), fuel (low fuel pressure or bad injectors), or spark (bad PCM, coil, plug wires, or plugs). Secondary causes (meaning that it was a measurement error) are sensors, PCM, electrical harness, etc.

Incidentally, "misfire" is a horribly inaccurate name for these codes. Historically, a misfire was literally, no spark (the plug failed to fire). However, when the ODB2 standard was created, the committee chose to use misfire as the term for combustion not taking place (due to primary causes), or not being detected (due to secondary causes). So, us old dudes were originally confused by the use of the term "misfire" caused by low fuel pressure, etc. Until we started understanding the ODB2 standards, that is.

Good luck! Keep at it, and you'll figure it out!

Got 'er out on the freeway so I could make a constant high speed run to find out what the speedometer offset is with these new 31s. Its going 76 at an indicated 70, so I can plug those numbers into the speedometer correction lump. The new tires (K02s) are amazingly smooth at this speed. The old street Coopers were forever outta balance.

Got 'er out on the freeway so I could make a constant high speed run to find out what the speedometer offset is with these new 31s. Its going 76 at an indicated 70, so I can plug those numbers into the speedometer correction lump. The new tires (K02s) are amazingly smooth at this speed. The old street Coopers were forever outta balance.

Mine was off the same when I went to 31’s… changed the cog underneath and boom speedo is correct

How bout an SRT10?!!

If I was in the market for a truck, I wouldn't buy one (for a number of reasons)....but I feel like it's not really intended to be a hauler, it's a "sport truck" (whatever that is). Then again, a lot of people seem to buy trucks and don't actually haul anything with them anyway. To each their own. That said, you could get an SRT10 for that asking price and it would still make more sense, even if factoring my personal viewpoint on them.

Reactions: RINC
If I was in the market for a truck, I wouldn't buy one (for a number of reasons)....but I feel like it's not really intended to be a hauler, it's a "sport truck" (whatever that is). Then again, a lot of people seem to buy trucks and don't actually haul anything with them anyway. To each their own. That said, you could get an SRT10 for that asking price and it would still make more sense, even if factoring my personal viewpoint on them.

Real truck.
20181013_061124.jpg