What did you do to your TJ today?

Spent a day doing wiring and finally got my e-lockers and trans temp gauge hooked up! Everything seems to be working well. Now I just need to take a trip to test out the lockers. And I think the rules now allow me to ask for lights and light bars for Christmas, although I am not really a big fan of big light bars.

View attachment 483499

very tidy install, well done!

Reactions: Weasellee
Whoa mate what’s with the pillar box front windshield 😮 is that legal to black out most of it over there?
Down here we are allowed about 3 inches of dark tint across the top but that’s it.
Did you paint the bar to match the dash ? looks good.

No it was
No, it's definitely not legal.

It was already that color when I got it but lol no definitely not legal lol I run really dark tint on all my vehicles. With that being said I have 15% over the whole shield with a 5% suicide strip and double 5% over everything else. And yes I’m well aware I’m going to get rostered for it lol but I havnt had any issues with police or problems seeing lol and with my Jeep being white I think it makes it look a lot better

IMG_1311.jpeg

Got my exhaust and intake manifold/s back from blasting
Joe from Top Koat in fortworth took care of me,man has a very clean organized shop so I already knew he was good and from the looks of it he is !
View attachment 472885
Time to deburr all the hard edges from these cast exhaust manifolds, this should alleviate them from cracking...that's the plan atleast since I know from experience it helps to stop cracking since the hard lines in the cast are like a stress risers and can promote cracking so hopefully my bit of experience from building some small block chevys can apply to these little things😁could be wrong but we'll see!

For reference, what did you give to have your manifolds blasted...if you don't mind my asking?

Reactions: D's Jeep Wrld
For reference, what did you give to have your manifolds blasted...if you don't mind my asking?

Don't mind at all😁
They were super rusty like many of us with the stock cast manifolds and after dipping them in evapo-rust and wire wheeling them the rust just didn't give up so I gave up...
And for the intake I figured I'd take it to get blasted as well...since I was already there😆
Always better to start from a very clean slate. The paint shouldn't peel or fail anytime soon with the metal being completely bare&clean from the start

Reactions: chili_pepper
Don't mind at all😁
They were super rusty like many of us with the stock cast manifolds and after dipping them in evapo-rust and wire wheeling them the rust just didn't give up so I gave up...
And for the intake I figured I'd take it to get blasted as well...since I was already there😆
Always better to start from a very clean slate. The paint shouldn't peel or fail anytime soon with the metal being completely bare&clean from the start

Yes....but how much did you pay to have it blasted?

Reactions: Weasellee
did you add the amp? did you use the factory sub?

I don't have the factory sub, so did not use or add... I don't care TOO much about sound quality in the TJ. I did not add the amp, this HU is compatible with the Alpine add on - in dash amp that connects to the HU though. The HU has enough juice to power the speakers loud enough and beyond 80mph noise level in a soft top TJ though...

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Nice!

Along with the MOPAR (wrangler 392) wheels that you can get a beadlock ring for... I thought hard about those wheels for my JT.