What did you do to your TJ today?

I like that color a whole bunch more.

Never ending jokes lay right there huh. I worked pretty hard still was a crappy job. Man those nylon bristle brushes (the red ones) work great and less risk of imparting steel into the aluminum. Probably will migrate to the doors then body for summer bedliner, after I remove the PO’s mediocre installed armor corners.. Never ending, but fun, in a lot of ways.

Never ending jokes lay right there huh. I worked pretty hard still was a crappy job. Man those nylon bristle brushes (the red ones) work great and less risk of imparting steel into the aluminum. Probably will migrate to the doors then body for summer bedliner, after I remove the PO’s mediocre installed armor corners.. Never ending, but fun, in a lot of ways.

al roker pooped my pants GIF

Ordered a new Garmin GPS. The old one, that I purchased used, has always been a bit flaky - now it’s really acting up so time for a new one. Apparently the new one can be connected to your home WiFi and will auto-update. That's kinda cool!
A GPS ???? Who are you and what have you done with @Zorba ? 😂

Ordered a new Garmin GPS. The old one, that I purchased used, has always been a bit flaky - now its really acting up so time for a new one. Apparently the new one can be connected to your home WiFi and will auto-update. That's kinda cool!
That's the gateway tech.......your'e on the road to an Iphone15

Snagged the K and N intake off our parts 99. Any idea how I can add in the IAT sensor? I was thinking drilling a hole and using a grommet.

D8ECAA48-A7D0-4BC3-B871-34CA3961BA98.jpeg

Spent a small fortune on parts for daughter's jeep. Included a new trans pan with a drain plug, because there's NOTHING more frustrating than spilling ATF all over the garage as you drop the pan when all you needed to do was drain the fluid. There's no getting around it the first time, but I'll be damned if there's going to be a 2nd time. And if I'm expecting to play games with the transmission pan, then a lube locker seems like a good option too (I've had great success with the LL in my 97).

Then as long as I'm replacing the pan, may as well weld a bung in for a temp sender, but then you've got a big hole in the side of your new pan so I guess I'd better buy a temp gauge & sender too. I gave a mouse a cookie.

Then as long as I'm replacing the pan, may as well weld a bung in for a temp sender, but then you've got a big hole in the side of your new pan so I guess I'd better buy a temp gauge & sender too.
Have the new bung brazed in, it makes for an easier install that is less likely to damage the pan. I welded my first bung into my previous TJ's pan and it went well. The second time I welded one in it was for my current TJ's pan and it went bad. All I seemed to be able to the last time do was blow holes in the pan lol. A new bung was then brazed into a new pan for me and I really liked how the brazing turned out.

Snagged the K and N intake off our parts 99. Any idea how I can add in the IAT sensor? I was thinking drilling a hole and using a grommet.

View attachment 484620

Drill a hole, move rubber grommet from the original tube to the new tube, mind the wire length to determine where to drill the hole if that makes sense.

edit: adding a picture when I was working on my set-up. yu Can zoom in and see with a stepper bit it is quick work.

IMG_3437.jpeg

Last edited:
Would you try to cut the plastic support as well and JB weld it on the other? Or purely just a hole and grommet?

View attachment 484659

see The photo I added to previous text. I did away with the locking ring altogether. I ordered A Amazon air tube and it came with the grommet- just need to run to a parts store for a pvc valve grommet that fits the OD of the air sensor- drill an appropriate sized hole to accommodate that grommet.