What did you do to your TJ today?

3D printed extensions for the spare tire bumpers. Used some longer SS Allen head bolts to attach them.
Printed in TPU 95a at about 75% infill. Nice and solid, but with a little give.

Is it normal that all 4 bumpers need different length extensions?
Also, how much pressure should they have against the tire? These just press on it a little bit.

View attachment 491709

View attachment 491710

View attachment 491711

You can also sandwich rubber exhaust hangers that have the same oval shape. They're at most auto parts.
3D printed extensions for the spare tire bumpers. Used some longer SS Allen head bolts to attach them.
Printed in TPU 95a at about 75% infill. Nice and solid, but with a little give.

Is it normal that all 4 bumpers need different length extensions?
Also, how much pressure should they have against the tire? These just press on it a little bit.

View attachment 491709

View attachment 491710

View attachment 491711

1705345355434.png

Reactions: Andy-WhiteTJ
LOL we are climbing to balmy 14* today. warmest it has been in a week. I hate to think what the BC Jeepers are seeing. Oh and in the spirit of the thread. I added a couple stickers to my AuxBeam panel in preparation for modifications coming to a Jeep near me this week.

1705362220588.jpeg

LOL we are climbing to balmy 14* today. warmest it has been in a week. I hate to think what the BC Jeepers are seeing. Oh and in the spirit of the thread. I added a couple stickers to my AuxBeam panel in preparation for modifications coming to a Jeep near me this week.

View attachment 491818

I won’t mention the sunny 84 degrees here then 😬

Ice storm in the area. It was a long day of delivering generators, fuel, propane...helped fix a generator...cut trees out of roads, fences.

Went into town for groceries and clear gas for my saw...ended up recovering my Jeep, another Jeep that slid into mine tire on tire on the side while I was trying to get into a recovery position...then winched a truck and car out from under the semi.

Didn't really have anyone to video much and my tripod was in my truck.

Got a couple of reels posted to Instagram/trashandtrail.

Car 2.jpg

Car 1.jpg

IMG20240115075450.jpg

-Mac

I spent our snow day (LOL) playing with the Arduino my wife got me for Christmas. My plan was to write a little code to make the IAC stepper motor go as part of a process for bench testing an IAC. I got the code working in the simulator, but I can't make the actual IAC move more than one step in either direction. The IAC is out of an XJ, but XJ buddy throws sensors at his sh!tbox like they're going out of style, so I assumed it was probably still good. But maybe it actually was bad.

I may just buy a new one to prove out my test, and then return it.

THis is my first foray into this sort of thing. I took electronics in college but it was mainly focused on the quantum side of semiconductors, so I didn't learn much useful stuff. And I haven't written anything resembling C++ since college either...python not needing semicolons bites me just about every time. Obviously I don't java, either.

Ice storm in the area. It was a long day of delivering generators, fuel, propane...helped fix a generator...cut trees out of roads, fences.

Went into town for groceries and clear gas for my saw...ended up recovering my Jeep, another Jeep that slid into mine tire on tire on the side while I was trying to get into a recovery position...then winched a truck and car out from under the semi.

Didn't really have anyone to video much and my tripod was in my truck.

Got a couple of reels posted to Instagram/trashandtrail.

View attachment 491847

View attachment 491848

View attachment 491849

-Mac
Well done you’re a legend…. Not all hero’s wear capes… but the do drive TJs 😂

I spent our snow day (LOL) playing with the Arduino my wife got me for Christmas. My plan was to write a little code to make the IAC stepper motor go as part of a process for bench testing an IAC. I got the code working in the simulator, but I can't make the actual IAC move more than one step in either direction. The IAC is out of an XJ, but XJ buddy throws sensors at his sh!tbox like they're going out of style, so I assumed it was probably still good. But maybe it actually was bad.

THis is my first foray into this sort of thing. I took electronics in college but it was mainly focused on the quantum side of semiconductors, so I didn't learn much useful stuff. And I haven't written anything resembling C++ since college either...python not needing semicolons bites me just about every time. Obviously I don't java, either.

They only bit I understood in all that was playing in the snow haha

• Love
Reactions: John Cooper

Dang Klingon!!!!

What the heck did you just say?? Are you putting a Flux compositor in your Jeep??

Yeah I take mine with me and just strap them down in the back…
Then if I need them it’s a simple two minute job to pop them in, especially on days like today when the weather is confused. ☀️🌧️

View attachment 489021

I am looking at making a similar storage area, but probably only about 6“ tall. Did you just run a couple of bolts from the fender well into the cab to secure it? The 6” will give me some secure storage and I plan on buying some plastic bins. I thought about doing built in drawers but then figured why over complicate it. Plastic storage bins will work just fine.