What did you do to your TJ today?

Today i checked my bump stops using my new retaining wall. Turns out itView attachment 39277 comes in real handy for checking my jeep suspension .. lol

LOL! I had a few trees cutdown in my yard and waiting for sod delivery. I asked the wife if we could get a decorative boulder in the front yard, but she was wise to my idea.

Removed my insteument cluster and cleaned the red clay dust particles out of it (there wasn't much behind the glass, but what was there drove me nuts).

Also, I fixed my damned flickering fog light switch once and for all! Bonded a piece of galvenized steel over the notorious dimple in the switch mechanism, worked like a charm!

My passenger door got stuck locked and closed...sorted that out and in the process realized I had a bunch of other non related torx bolts super loose on the door striker and lock. Night before it rained a lot and my floor passenger floor was soaked, I realized now that it must be because my door was unable to be closed tight enough for the seals to work.

Killed 2 birds with 1 stone.

Reactions: JMT
Installed a Tuffy security deck enclosure. So far so good. Took about 2.5 hours to put together and install. Only took that long because I had to reengineer the way one of the fasteners attaches to the Jeep.

I like it. I can finally have things in my Jeep. When I was installing this thing though I had to say WTF-F-F-F a few times on the choices Tuffy made. For instance the top slides/rides in a channel on the bottom part. Since the thing was $460 you would think there would be a nice roller bearing assembly or something. Nope it rides on freaking fender washers spaced out with little cutouts of clear tubing. Seriously? I might expect that from Smittybilt. Additionally, you can lift the top (see pic below) but there is no way to prop it open. Would a prop rod be too much to ask? Heck I would expect little hydraulic shocks for this money.

On the plus side it sure is solid. I realize it’s only as secure as the lock on the Jeep tailgate. I don’t have any rattles.

Glad I have it, but feel it’s worth maybe $250. Not $460...

Have not had my soft top in The Jeep yet with this thing. Should be fine. It will make the top sit higher when folded back. Hopefully it won’t obstruct the view out the rear view too much.

FEDEDB7D-0E79-4FA2-B6F0-14E933AC67E8.jpeg

8273DCF3-7039-4F2B-9257-42B1889ED2B6.jpeg

A31ECC43-3FA6-416F-A3A5-1315C7AD33CE.jpeg

ECA2DEED-9E93-47CA-A2BF-0EC93D3C2B69.jpeg

D189ED40-42D2-44D3-AFE4-62B3F385A37D.jpeg

Got my front Rancho 5000x installed this AM before breakfast. It’s what you got to do when you got 5 Kids and some all day house projects with the best wife ever. Anyhow, here’s the Ranchos with my metallic black/dark gray paint job. I made my own Rancho decals by printer and 5ml automotive tape.
DFC0882E-6156-4214-8E4F-353AB188D549.jpeg

Spent the better part of the afternoon installing the soft top which has been stored for almost 4 years. What a freaking project that was, still have to get the rear side windows in.

Got my front Rancho 5000x installed this AM before breakfast. It’s what you got to do when you got 5 Kids and some all day house projects with the best wife ever. Anyhow, here’s the Ranchos with my metallic black/dark gray paint job. I made my own Rancho decals by printer and 5ml automotive tape.
View attachment 39364
Looks really good. Why can’t they come like that. Not sure why companies think rainbow colors are cool on shocks. How’s the ride?

Installed a Tuffy security deck enclosure. So far so good. Took about 2.5 hours to put together and install. Only took that long because I had to reengineer the way one of the fasteners attaches to the Jeep.

I like it. I can finally have things in my Jeep. When I was installing this thing though I had to say WTF-F-F-F a few times on the choices Tuffy made. For instance the top slides/rides in a channel on the bottom part. Since the thing was $460 you would think there would be a nice roller bearing assembly or something. Nope it rides on freaking fender washers spaced out with little cutouts of clear tubing. Seriously? I might expect that from Smittybilt. Additionally, you can lift the top (see pic below) but there is no way to prop it open. Would a prop rod be too much to ask? Heck I would expect little hydraulic shocks for this money.

On the plus side it sure is solid. I realize it’s only as secure as the lock on the Jeep tailgate. I don’t have any rattles.

Glad I have it, but feel it’s worth maybe $250. Not $460...

Have not had my soft top in The Jeep yet with this thing. Should be fine. It will make the top sit higher when folded back. Hopefully it won’t obstruct the view out the rear view too much.
I'e been debating on getting that...not sure if I want to now lol

Looks really good. Why can’t they come like that. Not sure why companies think rainbow colors are cool on shocks. How’s the ride?
Fronts only so dad. I went for a 5 minute drive over some washboard. Honestly, I’m waiting for 500 me Mark for a full review with video of driving vibration, but the front was softer than the front. It was a little weird! If I wake up at 5am again (which is not unlikey), I’ll install the rears and start the countdown.

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
Fronts only so dad. I went for a 5 minute drive over some washboard. Honestly, I’m waiting for 500 me Mark for a full review with video of driving vibration, but the front was softer than the front. It was a little weird! If I wake up at 5am again (which is not unlikey), I’ll install the rears and start the countdown.

I was going to suggest getting some Rancho stickers to put on there, but your version looks even better! Get those rears on and get a wheeling trip on them before you judge.

Today I cut the axle side bolts on my front lower control arms off. All the other control arm bolts came off fine but these ones definitely had to be cut. Put the new lower control arm on torqued all the bolts down for all the control arms it started pulling apart the rear suspension. Managed to get the rear upper shock bolts off without breaking one. Wasn't easy, think I just got a little lucky. Pulled the sway bar end links, disconnected the frame side of the track bar and lowered the axle to pull the springs.

Reactions: KCsTJ