What did you do to your TJ today?

Fixed a rust spot under my fender "tool holder" today. I should have done it 5 years ago. I ground it down all the way through the fender to the metal brace underneath. The insulation was missing on this fender at the brace. It ended up being about the size of a finger tip when I was done. Filled it with some stuff I had laying around. Hopefully it works. Sand and paint after it completely dries.
GRILL RED3.jpg

fender rust spot.jpg

Last edited:
Fixed a rust spot under my fender "tool holder" today. I should have done it 5 years ago. I ground it down all the way through the fender to the metal brace underneath. The insulation was missing on this fender at the brace. It ended up being about the size of a finger tip when I was done. Filled it with some stuff I had laying around. Hopefully it works. Sand and paint after it completely dries.
View attachment 530474
View attachment 530466

What is favorite go to touch up paint… my silver is need some love in some places.

Reactions: John Cooper
I passed inspection!!
Well sort of … I need more miles since I had disconnected the battery for my starter fix the other day. Apparently the computer now needs to “reset its monitors”. So I’m legal for up to 60 days; I need to come back in for them to confirm there are no codes.
They didn’t like my rusty holes in the fender and rocker but they slapped a paper towel & bondo bandaid on there for free to help me pass. I’ll take it! I’ll be putting new fenders on and patching the rocker panels anyway.

It’s good to be able to drive it again!
I also discovered I need to center the steering wheel, and it was beeping at me when I hit about 45mph for some unknown reason. Working the kinks out!

View attachment 530474
View attachment 530466
Where's the grill cover?

What is favorite go to touch up paint… my silver is need some love in some places.

Ive been really happy with how close automotive touchup online matches my bright metallic silver.

What I was provided at the dealer off my vin/paint code was a variant of a silver... but more closely resembled a metallic graphite color than a metallic silver.

Reactions: matkal and Kiwi TJ
Ive been really happy with how close automotive touchup online matches my bright metallic silver.

What I was provided at the dealer off my vin/paint code was a variant of a silver... but more closely resembled a metallic graphite color than a metallic silver.

Automotive touchup was a closer match than the part I had painted by a body shop.