What did you do to your TJ today?

Got my delivery from the US today:
IMG_20240529_164114.jpg

IMG_20240529_164804.jpg

It feels like Christmas and Easter together 😊

Managed to salvage the zipper I busted a while ago on my brand new roof. Somehow (my impatience) the track had gotten turn around backwards inside of the slides. So I removed the metal slide stop at the end, took the slides off, and little by little got the track set back in its proper position. Couldn't get the slides on at first because of the way the zipper was folded but I just trimmed a little fabric off and was able to get 'em. Clamped the slide stop back on and saved myself a cool 150$.

If the zipper pull ever breaks or the zipper itself dies, I suggest you find a master shoe repair person. I had a pull break on one side of my top and he replaced the pull for $10 and a few months later I lost some teeth on the opposite side so he replaced the entire zipper set for $60 everything is working great now and much cheaper than replacing soft top window sections.

Took it out this weekend to a few places. I mean after replacing the front dl and putting on new to me 35s, it needed testing and calibration ;-)
RollerCoaster2.jpg
20240527_123331.jpg
20240525_125509.jpg

If you look at the little boat in the lower left corner, that is like a 30 ft, full cabin cruiser on lake Pend Oreille (Ponderay)
20240525_125529.jpg

Oh and then this showed up yesterday. Very excited to see how this adds to the mix.
20240528_181244.jpg

Turned the tie rod adjustment sleeve a few times to get my steering wheel back to centered. All is right with the world now.
I found torque specs on those sleeve nuts as 36ft-lb (listed here on the forum) vs 14ft-lbs in the Haynes manual. I went with 35 and a couple more tugs for good measure. 🤷‍♂️

Took it out this weekend to a few places. I mean after replacing the front dl and putting on new to me 35s, it needed testing and calibration ;-)
View attachment 530659View attachment 530661View attachment 530662

If you look at the little boat in the lower left corner, that is like a 30 ft, full cabin cruiser on lake Pend Oreille (Ponderay)
View attachment 530663

Oh and then this showed up yesterday. Very excited to see how this adds to the mix.
View attachment 530665

You will probably like that. I had to have longer links made for mine when I went to 35s.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Turned the tie rod adjustment sleeve a few times to get my steering wheel back to centered. All is right with the world now.
I found torque specs on those sleeve nuts as 36ft-lb (listed here on the forum) vs 14ft-lbs in the Haynes manual. I went with 35 and a couple more tugs for good measure. 🤷‍♂️
I need to do this. Mine has slightly been off since I had the lift and alignment done. For whatever reason, the wheel was straight on the alignment rack.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I’ve heard it “settles” with driving and I might need to tweak it again. But after I shortened my track bar the steering wheel was 90 degrees counter clockwise. I couldn’t even see the speedometer 😂
Hopefully it won’t settle too much. Easy fix though.

‘Getting a total knee replacement on June 26th. The other knee was replaced on July 28th last year. Here we go again.
No bueno! That knee stuff hurts like a bugger! My pic from snapping the patella tendon- surgery was in September and I am still working on walking without a waddle….Dr. said no more running for me…

IMG_3862.jpeg