What did you do to your TJ today?

I did a few other things today.
  • Started bleeding on my thumb from something that I don't remember

Made me think of this...

Hand Sanitizer.gif

And I washed some more of Alabama off my Jeep.

Seems I brought quite a bit of Stony Lonesome home with me.

I got new Moog front sway bar bushings and bushing brackets installed.

View attachment 533018

I would be heading to a brewery pretty soon, but the garage door is having issues. I'm waiting for someone to come by and take a look at it.

Also, I think one of the GFCI outlets in my garage is going bad. I need to replace that soon.

It's always something. 😉

Reactions: JasterMereel42
It's always something. 😉

Aint that the truth. I had a leak in the condensation line for the central air that wrecked the master bedroom. While I was at I did a full remodel of the adjoining master bath. Then the water heater went. Replaced that. Then, preventative replacement of the entire central air. Then the roof decided to leak. Had to fix that. One thing after another.

Reactions: JasterMereel42
Aint that the truth. I had a leak in the condensation line for the central air that wrecked the master bedroom. While I was at I did a full remodel of the adjoining master bath. Then the water heater went. Replaced that. Then, preventative replacement of the entire central air. Then the roof decided to leak. Had to fix that. One thing after another.

Ain't home ownership fun?

Reactions: mjonesjr84
Ain't home ownership fun?

Even with all the headaches of owning a home, it is 1 million times better than renting and throwing money away.

I am sitting in my side yard. It's all mine. I would rather live in the mountains and maybe, someday, but it's a nice house. One or two more projects over the summer. Hard to swallow the magnitude of some the upkeep and upgrade bills and the taxes, traffic and cost of living on Long Island is insane but, like I said.. it's mine.

Never rented. Went straight from living with my parents to owning a waterfront condo.

I pay $1,400 a month rent for a small condo and I can't even park my third vehicle here. The HOA tries to control you more than the federal government these days. :cry:

Last edited:
Never rented. Went straight from living with my parents to owning a waterfront condo.
Sort of the same. I lived with my mom until 2 months before I got married. We rented for 10-months while we were searching for a house from my wife's aunt for essentially to cover the utilities so she had someone living in and taking care of the house. That was in 2009 when the housing market was shit.

I pay $1,400 a month rent for a small condo and I can't even park my third vehicle here. :cry:
Holy smokes! 😲 That is almost what I pay for our mortgage on the house we built in 2022.

• Wow
Reactions: reddvltj
I tried today to put in rear coil spring angle correction plates, but I couldn't get the springs out. I disconnected the sway bar links, shocks, and track bar, but the axle tube wouldn't drop down far enough for the springs to come out. I think the extra-clearance transfer case skid isn't letting the driveshaft lower itself enough. And no I'm not removing that or disconnecting the driveshaft. I'll just borrow a coil spring compressor tomorrow. Yeah, I know they're called "widow makers", but I won't be compressing the springs but a couple inches as they are now nearly fully extended.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ