What did you do to your TJ today?

Summer break for the kids so I got my installs done. Much happier with these mirrors than the Amazon knockoffs.

Also snugged down my door hing boots. Closes much smoother now.

Link again? I got some cheap mirrors and I'm not pleased.

Got the whole group of my projects out today so I snapped a pic.

1000007096.jpg

Yes I have been, still going to talk to Mark about it.

Going to install the old PCM just to double check.

Ok, I am calling this job complete!!!!

Just felt the need to go back over the harness one more time!

Started on the driver's side and slowly worked my way to the passenger side.

Moved some crumbling loom and found a bare wire.

Got a short peice of loom that I have, it's to small, Ben here's that a lot, taped up the spot and put new loom on.

Left the old PCM on and cleared the codes, PO765 and O2 Sensor heater, pulled out of the driveway BB shifted through the gears perfectly.

Came back and the only codes were for O2 Sensor heater so I reinstalled the Wranglerfix PCM and went for another test run probably 16 miles round trip with a stop about halfway. No coded and shifting perfectly.

Win win.

Summer break for the kids so I got my installs done. Much happier with these mirrors than the Amazon knockoffs.

Also snugged down my door hing boots. Closes much smoother now.

What mirrors did you end up getting? I have two sets of the ones I picked up on eBay and I am happy with them. Zero complaints. They stay where I set them and don't vibrate.

What mirrors did you end up getting? I have two sets of the ones I picked up on eBay and I am happy with them. Zero complaints. They stay where I set them and don't vibrate.

Yup. Everyone liked them but me :(. I went with a mopar/JL door off mirror kit.

Reactions: MikekiM
Yup. Everyone liked them but me :(. I went with a mopar/JL door off mirror kit.

A few folks who posted had purchased them on Amazon. Mine were eBay. No idea if they came from the same vendor. They were incredibly well packed.

I added CMM OffRoad Grab handles and added the mirror kit for doors off. I've been running the half doors and haven't tried the CMM mirrors yet.

Ok, I am calling this job complete!!!!

Just felt the need to go back over the harness one more time!

Started on the driver's side and slowly worked my way to the passenger side.

Moved some crumbling loom and found a bare wire.

Got a short peice of loom that I have, it's to small, Ben here's that a lot, taped up the spot and put new loom on.

Left the old PCM on and cleared the codes, PO765 and O2 Sensor heater, pulled out of the driveway BB shifted through the gears perfectly.

Came back and the only codes were for O2 Sensor heater so I reinstalled the Wranglerfix PCM and went for another test run probably 16 miles round trip with a stop about halfway. No coded and shifting perfectly.

Win win.

What location on the harness had the bad spot?

Reactions: mjonesjr84
I tried today to put in rear coil spring angle correction plates, but I couldn't get the springs out. I disconnected the sway bar links, shocks, and track bar, but the axle tube wouldn't drop down far enough for the springs to come out. I think the extra-clearance transfer case skid isn't letting the driveshaft lower itself enough. And no I'm not removing that or disconnecting the driveshaft. I'll just borrow a coil spring compressor tomorrow. Yeah, I know they're called "widow makers", but I won't be compressing the springs but a couple inches as they are now nearly fully extended.

I didn't need the coil spring compressor today. I managed to lower the axle further and they just fell out. When I put everything back together the TJ was 2" higher in the rear. Looks kinda badass like I'm ready to drag race...yeah right. I'm going to straighten the pinion angle tomorrow which will rotate the spring perches rearward and lower the springs a bit. I'll take another measurement afterwards.

View attachment 533268

Passenger side right above a sensor? The old loom as you can see has crumbled completely apart. Looking at the picture it wrapped in the new loom to the left.

Glad you got it fixed. Making a mental note of this in case I have this issue in the future.

The hardest part of this whole deal was convincing the wife that last weekends trip to Stoney Lonesome didn't contribute to this!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

I know what you mean. A few years ago, my wife went with me to Gulches Off Road Park (here in SC). The day after we got back the Jeep wouldn't start. Ignition actuator broke. The first thing she said was we broke it at Gulches. :LOL: