What did you do to your TJ today?

If your tool can hold something like this from Amazon or somewhere else they should do the job.

I drew up a quick sketch trying to show how to do it versus trying to explain it in words. Hopefully it makes sense.
View attachment 533878

Just be careful checking the edges with you fingers, I speak from experience on that :rolleyes:

https://www.amazon.com/Metal-Grinding-Stone-Rotary-Wheel/dp/B09V282ZH1/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Or: https://www.amazon.com/AFA-Tooling-Deburring-Blade-Blades/dp/B01L2XR4P2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

The manual version. Regardless of which tool(s) you use, be sure to wear good quality safety glasses. Eyeballs are not cheap.

Shed a tear for BB, my Jeep is growing up fast!!!

20240611_173901.jpg

I installed a LED strip light in my Tuffy InstaTrunk that is ground switched by a door pin switch. I used the switch as the ground for the light, that is why I switched the ground side.

If you are local to Southern Indiana/Louisville, KY I will give you 1 of the 2 extra I have. If not, here is the switch I used. It needed a 7/16" hole for the plunger and a small pilot hole for the screw.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081MTFTDL?tag=wranglerorg-20

Thanks to @MikekiM for the idea and the switch to use. I've been wanting a light in this area.

View attachment 533419

View attachment 533420

Dude thats great for one gallon of milk! All jokes aside looks great. Bet that sub bumps too

Reactions: mjonesjr84
Installed some flood lights to the swing out tire carrier so I can actually see where I’m backing up now. Install took some time but I’m pretty happy with how it came out. Went with the harbor freight 6” flood bars well just have to see how they hold up. View attachment 533864View attachment 533865
Love the rear tail lights….

I haven't heard of Forever Black, but I will avoid it. As far as dyes go, I've found that Solution Finish isn't as "serious" as some of the others, it's easier to apply and cleans up easily. It really soaks in and stays and the more you buff it out the better. That being said, I did test it on an out-of-the-way piece of trim on the first car I did and waited a few weeks before I did the whole thing.

I'm torn between painting my flares with bed liner for a rugged look or SEM for a more factory look. What SEM color and adhesion promotor did you use?

Thanks for the steer to Solution Finish. I just treated my flares (06 LJR) and they look great. From gray to black in 15 minutes!

Reactions: reddvltj
Installed new precision auto injectors (credit to @macleanflood) so far they are working well! Also installed a DEI insulation kit.

Man the throttle body and injector ports were DISGUSTING! Guaranteed they have never been cleaned before. Cleaned them out good, now to tackle a small evap leak CEL.

View attachment 533741

OK I am thinking I would like one of those insulation kits because the motor takes a bit to restart after a bunch of slow rolling on the trail. It starts fine after 30 seconds or so, but I figure this could help. I REALLY don't want to do a Google search for "DEI Insulation Kit". Whatever comes back is going to be wrong in SO MANY ways. Any chance you already have a link?

Reactions: Duner
OK I am thinking I would like one of those insulation kits because the motor takes a bit to restart after a bunch of slow rolling on the trail. It starts fine after 30 seconds or so, but I figure this could help. I REALLY don't want to do a Google search for "DEI Insulation Kit". Whatever comes back is going to be wrong in SO MANY ways. Any chance you already have a link?

That sounds like some classic heat soak!

I had to slightly modify mine to get it to fit my 06 LJ. Here’s the link. Double check your injectors for any cracks too, convenient time to replace them when installing this kit.

DEI Insulation Kit

That sounds like some classic heat soak!

I had to slightly modify mine to get it to fit my 06 LJ. Here’s the link. Double check your injectors for any cracks too, convenient time to replace them when installing this kit.

DEI Insulation Kit

Yeah, probably be a good time to clean the intake, injectors and redo the valve cover gasket. This thing has 335K miles on it and who knows when the last time it was done.

I notched/ran heater hose around the fuel rail all the way to the frame.Using my temperature gun to do a before and after. letting it idle for full 5 mins ….after a 15 minute commute home last summer- dropped the surface temp of the injector rail 25 degrees. Still going to wrap it it reflective material. Just part of my attempt to get cooler/air and fuel to the motor.

Edit: added the picture

IMG_4413.jpeg

Last edited: