What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed the Savvy shift cable that has been sitting in the garage for 3 years now, Took pointers from @AndyG and used the ATV jack to do the skid plates 😁
It's really amazing how much easier it shifts through 4wd now.
Now that the cable is in I can tackle the Savvy body lift and the new body bushings, then I can do the GTS and drill the rear cross member and install the KD Fab rear bumper

Did you get an @AndyG black eye also?? Because if you didn't, you need to go back and try again :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Installed the Savvy shift cable that has been sitting in the garage for 3 years now, Took pointers from @AndyG and used the ATV jack to do the skid plates 😁
Now that the cable is in I can tackle the Savvy body lift and the new body bushings, then I can do the GTS and drill the rear cross member and install the KD Fab rear bumper

You’re going to love the cable- Money and time well spent.

Yes, I learned that my face does not make a good skid plate support.

If you’re going to be stupid you got to be tough.

Actually today was the first time I've crawled under the Jeep and not hit my head on anything, hopefully it's a new trend

You know I was actually thinking because of the tummy set up how much room that I had to work underneath the vehicle.... Sort of patting myself on the back for doing nothing more than buying the thing...

71F44AA7-B6A4-4F97-B36D-C919B9EC426A.jpeg

... of course it turns out it was just that much further the skid plate could fall and buildup speed.

I need to be banned from hanging around myself.

Since I am refreshing the front end of my TJ, any tips for refreshing those 2 rubber bumperettes on the front of the bumper? I washed them and they still look faded. Should I paint them with bumper paint, or try Cerakote on them?
I've been using this stuff for years... CarWorx Refinish Restorer. Wipe on with a tire swipe. Let set. Then wipe the excess. Won't be as shiny as Cerakote and will last a few months. This is after the winter...

te.jpg

Just made it home after getting stranded 20 miles from home. Jeep started acting up. The rpms were up and down, sputtering and wouldn't idle without shutting off. My wife got her daughter to follow me home in 5pm traffic. Made it back and threw the code reader on it. Camshaft position sensor it says. Hopefully that's all it is. I ordered a Mopar sensor for $40, but it won't be here for a week.
p.s. I was praying the new fuel pump wasn't acting up already.:confused:

Busy Busy Busy.

Reactions: voodooridr
Just made it home after getting stranded 20 miles from home. Jeep started acting up. The rpms were up and down, sputtering and wouldn't idle without shutting off. My wife got her daughter to follow me home in 5pm traffic. Made it back and threw the code reader on it. Camshaft position sensor it says. Hopefully that's all it is. I ordered a Mopar sensor for $40, but it won't be here for a week.
p.s. I was praying the new fuel pump wasn't acting up already.:confused:

Glad you are ok-

Saw a t-shirt for you the other day

Had a knife and Jason Voorhees image -

Said “no lives matter”

👊😝😝

I've decided that on 1 of them, I'm going to paint the inside of it. On the other one, i'm going to Cerakote the inside of it. Then, I'll pick one that I like better and do the outside of them.

I've completed the experiment. Painting the bumperettes looks way better than putting Cerakote on them. The paint covered up all the dirt, discoloration, and the stains that got on the bumperettes over the last 20+ years.

Reactions: matkal and reddvltj