What did you do to your TJ today?

My jeeps sees that about daily and it does it no problem with the proper gearing, gets there quick too 😉
Edit- 31s and 3.73s Make it happen easier,I'll see what 5.13s and 33s do once i get there !

Just my opinion & you will get many opinions here, but as for myself I am very happy with my 4.56 gears, 33” tires & 6 speed manual transmission. I think that 5.13 would be too deep for me.
If I went to 5.13s my 1st gear would becomes total granny gear.

Primed half doors with pvc plumbers primer- makes it stick - go light with it
99B92EF3-6FC4-49BA-8AE9-14CA6E090B6D.jpeg

Eating out of the garden- can’t beat it

BB1DEBCF-40AF-498B-B562-C3F7EBCCF0E0.jpeg

Gonna shoot the panels then
ride to Lake Guntersville, tea and crab claws on the water with another guy who rocks an awesome TJ.

Last edited:
I couldn't get my ELM327 to clear the codes on my LJ so I pulled the negative cable. The terminal was pretty badly cracked and corroded so I replaced it with a nice marine terminal.

I'll be doing the same to the positive soon.

My RockJock track bar arrived today so I'll be looking to install it Wednesday after work.

Just my opinion & you will get many opinions here, but as for myself I am very happy with my 4.56 gears, 33” tires & 6 speed manual transmission. I think that 5.13 would be too deep for me.
If I went to 5.13s my 1st gear would becomes total granny gear.

Ahh manual transmission.......i wish i had one of those
But yeah with that said i and many others are essentially required to run 5.13s on 33s with a 42rle (hehe that kinda rhymes😆)

Reactions: reddvltj
Primed half doors with pvc plumbers primer- makes it stick - go light with itView attachment 537651

Eating out of the garden- can’t beat it

View attachment 537650

Gonna shoot the panels then
ride to Lake Guntersville, tea and crab claws on the water with another guy who rocks an awesome TJ.

First I’ve seen of this plumbers primer being used

Is the clear going to be stable? Apparently my panels have been painted and the paint mixed with sunscreen left my calf with a big gray splotch Friday.

Hard to know for sure- there are waterborne, lacquer, enamel and other spray paint formulas on the shelf- plus no telling the sunscreen bases-

Idea is to seal the surface for easier cleaning- waterborne clear may be as chemical resistant as anything. We’ve noticed it in the construction industry.

Adhesion is why i chose what i did -

I need to install mine. It's been in the box for 3 months.

Try setting it FROM 4 low- think about it- that gets the throw right

Raise the handle all but 1/4-3/8” for some extra ooomph and adjust to it.

Actuator has to be in 4 low too.

Last edited:
‘73 Correct Craft , 351 Windsor, floating jukebox-
BE5E7205-3CB1-41D5-81F8-91A328246EF7.jpeg

Little Honda with like 12” tires

B2602297-2752-4174-8E91-01C2B632FCD7.jpeg

My TJR at the boathouse

5CDC68C9-E338-4C50-B056-3E45CB97506A.jpeg

Bad pic, Bish’s nice 06 Rubi, bad pic
8A556F02-8EB1-450A-9941-71B5C913982C.jpeg

Gorgeous evening.....

You know guys, I struggle to be happy as much as anyone. A client owes me 200,000, another wrote a check wrong, etc....

So- driving down to the lake, listening to good music, top off....I was happy as I will ever be. If life is a journey, a jeep sure makes the trip better.

Last edited:
‘73 Correct Craft , 351 Windsor, jukebox on wheels- View attachment 537721
Little Honda with like 12” tires

View attachment 537722
My TJR at the boathouse

View attachment 537723
Bad pic, Bish’s nice 06 Rubi, bad pic View attachment 537724

Gorgeous evening.....

You know guys, I struggle to be happy as much as anyone. A client owes me 200,000, another wrote a check wrong, etc....

So- driving down to the lake, listening to good music, top off....I was happy as I will ever be. If life is a journey, a jeep sure makes the trip better.

Andy, you may remember from one of my previous posts, I'm a retired roofing and remodeling contractor too. I had to take a customer to court one time for not paying. I feel your pain.