What did you do to your TJ today?

Took a night ride to the old “cold hole” swimming hole-

849867F5-6E95-4B6E-B875-CC99CB2ACC01.jpeg

Cave fed spring- I was listening to some Tyler Childers and Chuck Berry doing promised land live-

Brought back some really good memories

Hilarious next-door neighbor Greg Metcalfe went in headfirst one time- From the rope swing- It was about 10 inches deep where he landed. I can still see the mud from his ears up.

Also there were a couple of boys on a three wheeler that tore out and when they got on the road they hit the bridge that the water goes under- It was loose gravel and they did a 180 and went off the other side backward. Oh were they banged up.

Checked on some cavers that appear to be in Hughes cave too long-

Put the last coat of single stage urethane on the top

Going to cut the sheen with a clear top coat
173A6C99-4EA5-4A41-87A8-A316022A9E58.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice! Care to share your weight loss tips?

Removed spare tire 100 lb
Removed Mount 25 lb
Swapped Barricade rear bumper for a barnes tail plate, dropped 70 lb
Swapped barricade front bumper for genright aluminum, dropped 40 lb
Replaced fenders and inners with aluminum, 15 lb per side
A few odds and ends added up to another 30 or so lbs

I've got to know how you blow up a Bilstein shock?

Prior to this, did you like the Bilstein shocks? I've been looking at them to replace the garbage Zone shocks on mine.

I really like them, I played around with rancho as well as skyjacker black max and went straight back to the 5100's. As for why, Im not sure how or why. Bump stops are set properly, I think the shock was just tired. It's been on the jeep for 4 years or so now.

cleaned some of the engine today. I took before and after pics. Cleaned heater core hoses, radiator hoses, valve cover,horn,air filter tube and a few others. Not a bad start.

View attachment 539509

View attachment 539510

View attachment 539511

cleaned some of the engine today. I took before and after pics. Cleaned heater core hoses, radiator hoses, valve cover,horn,air filter tube and a few others. Not a bad start.

View attachment 539509

View attachment 539510

View attachment 539511

View attachment 539509

View attachment 539510

View attachment 539511

20240702_215010.jpg

Acquired a disaster of a 32RH a friend of a friend needs rebuilt. I posted a thread about it a while back, but now I'm in possession of it, and another partially complete one as a donor for parts.

Question: how much water is too much to have drained from the transfer case when I set it on the floor of my garage?

F0BE3187-1D2C-49D9-86B3-CD537D540E08.jpeg

I am 99% sure that it is a rebranded Dometic. I left it in our truck after an RV trip and the lid warped from the heat. Once I confirmed it was not the latch, they sent me a new one no questions asked. Now I use the one with a warped lid in the Jeep because I strap the Jackery down and it holds the lid shut and the Jackery doesn't go flying around as I bounce off rocks. I basically got two Dometic fridges for less than $300 total. Nice trailer setup. Very similar to my buddy's.

I have a 12v Norcold in my teardtop. What do you guys use fir power when boondocking? Mine will drain the battery in a day. I have a Honda 1000w generator/inverter that I use to run the ac also but I don’t like to run it when I’m out on the trail.

IMG_2361.jpeg

IMG_2359.jpeg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
90% done with all the stuff I inadvertently started a week ago. Todays update is the Want M8000 is installed, wired, and spooled. 100 feet is an awful lot for this drum, 80 might have been better. Also looking at the cool wizard fairleads to store the safety thimble up, tossed on one of the hooks for now.
1000007793.jpg

1000007797.jpg

Acquired a disaster of a 32RH a friend of a friend needs rebuilt. I posted a thread about it a while back, but now I'm in possession of it, and another partially complete one as a donor for parts.

Question: how much water is too much to have drained from the transfer case when I set it on the floor of my garage?

View attachment 539732

The answer is "Yes".

Reactions: hear
I have a 12v Norcold in my teardtop. What do you guys use fir power when boondocking? Mine will drain the battery in a day. I have a Honda 1000w generator/inverter that I use to run the ac also but I don’t like to run it when I’m out on the trail.

View attachment 539748

View attachment 539749

I use this battery w/ either a 200 or 100 solar panel. Thats for my either of my ARB's, not sure of the draw on that model.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075RFXHYK/?tag=wranglerorg-20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RFQVB9M/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: bucky
Actually yesterday, but my Jeep is now officially a 2-seater.

I kept the back seat and all its hardware, just in case I need it for whatever reason.

This provides a ton of lockable storage.

The lid fits tightly under the lip of the tailgate so it can't be opened without opening the tailgate.

And like almost all the reviews mentioned, it was missing some hardware.

So a trip to True Value and $15 later and all is bolted in and secure.

There's a good bit of room between the wheelwell and the front corners so I 'm going to see if I can come up with a mount/holder for fire extinguisher/first aid kit/whatever.

IMG_3212.jpeg

IMG_3213.jpeg

IMG_3215.jpeg

what paint did you use ?

I had 66autocolor mix up some SEM 5020 "medium camel" that's supposed to match the door panels on my '99 half doors. (not to be confused with SEM 15173 Camel, which is a very different color) Seems pretty close. Truth is my interior is a mix of browns and tans so I wasn't too worried about it. I always liked the two-toned interiors but never really liked how they left the instrument cluster black, it just looked like an afterthought for an oem interior. I figured I'd try this out since it doesn't require messing with airbag covers, large dash pieces, or dissimilar plastics or colors directly next to each other. And it's an aftermarket double din center stack so I can always buy another.

So far I think I like it, we'll see after I live with it for a while.

PXL_20240703_163543278.jpg
PXL_20240703_162124581.jpg
PXL_20240703_162130516.jpg
PXL_20240703_163438492.jpg
PXL_20240703_163452946.jpg

I had 66autocolor mix up some SEM 5020 "medium camel" that's supposed to match the door panels on my '99 half doors. (not to be confused with SEM 15173 Camel, which is a very different color) Seems pretty close. Truth is my interior is a mix of browns and tans so I wasn't too worried about it. I always liked the two-toned interiors but never really liked how they left the instrument cluster black, it just looked like an afterthought for an oem interior. I figured I'd try this out since it doesn't require messing with airbag covers, large dash pieces, or dissimilar plastics or colors directly next to each other. And it's an aftermarket double din center stack so I can always buy another.

View attachment 539918View attachment 539915View attachment 539914View attachment 539916View attachment 539917

I also found a tan at oreillys that is nearly a dead match for that color -

I’m with you - close worked for me on my Khaki-

15FE4010-2559-4649-BE6A-0E98EF7F9A4D.jpeg

View attachment 539918View attachment 539915View attachment 539914View attachment 539916View attachment 539917

Thanks you for the info! Yeah I'm also not a fan of the black center bezel,that's one of the things that just seem off to me with these jeeps!
I'm loving the interior setup man! I like the Mexican heritage repping on the seats💪🏼
I Essentially want to do the same once I get to the point of doing my interior! Getting some custom PRP enduro seats do that twill color like you did on the sides with the tan vinyl and maybe do the poncho center? but since i daily my jeep Idk if that's the best route.....I'll figure it out by then 😆
I dig it man 😎.....I really do 😁
Edit- I'm also going for this kinda of vibe for my interior,A dark walnut like color with a bit of tan i.e like on the seats !
Screenshot_20240703-131506_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: matkal