What did you do to your TJ today?

Charged my AC . Worked great for awhile then it stopped working. Stopped for a bit, started working again. Keeps doing that. Anyone have an idea of what it could be? Gets hot here. Lol.

I had a leak at the high/low schrader valves. The new valves were inexpensive to replace, but it did take an evac of the system to do the replacement. Not sure if you can do it without the evac.

Pulled the kayak trailer to the river for a day of adventure kayaking. Went to the Harpeth river. Haven’t been there is a while. Forgotten about how many water moccasin are in that river.
Only pic I got all day. Lol
ba051a1576a24be96cd298d0f88f827f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did some small maintenance on the Jeep today.

Changed front Dana 30 diff gear oil. Looks good and clean now. Hope I did it well enough to be leak free! Time will tell. Put in Lucas 80w-90... it was $7.99. Saw the royal purple for $21.99, had to pass! RP really that good???

Changed air filter with an STP. Took out the K&N air filter thats been on the jeep since I've had it.

Recharged the A/C! Went from blowing 70* to 46* now.

That's all.
No pics! :nusenuse:

Pulled the kayak trailer to the river for a day of adventure kayaking. Went to the Harpeth river. Haven’t been there is a while. Forgotten about how many water moccasin are in that river.
Only pic I got all day. Lol
View attachment 41750

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the layout of that trailer, are the sides made of wood or metal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dawghouse
@ac_ That's pretty slick! Was it a hard or tricky install?

Nah, I actually had the stuff laying around. I wired the power to the camera and the monitor to the key, and the monitor has a switch on it, so if the jeep is running I can just turn on the back up cam. Meaning as long as the jeep is running or key on, I have the backup cam. I have a backup cam on my Ram and it is slick, but it only comes on in reverse. It is sort of annoying especially when I am trying to line up with my trailer. This is much better I think. The wires are hidden down the windshield gasket and slide behind the cluster then I followed it back the main wiring harness and dropped down through the rubber plug on the rear quarter where the tail lights are then behind the gas tank to the hitch.

The monitor is just double back taped to the visor, and it is holding great. The camera is double back taped then a ziptie with a metal holder is holding the camera down.

Reactions: KCsTJ
I got a new mattress delivered and kept the huge box it came in and cut out 4 nice, clean pieces to lay on while I finish my suspension lift. Nothing better than clean, thick cardboard to roll around on underneath your Jeep. Maybe i'm just weird and might turn into a bum one day but I sure do get happy over clean cardboard to work off of.
LOL I do the same thing. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Reactions: jeepins
I'm finally getting up and about so I managed to get a couple small things done. The side marker light had some broken wires. My soldering iron decided to misbehave so I had to use crimp connectors so this is only a temp fix for now. The wire was broke off very close to the connector and when I stripped it back instead of having nice shiny copper wire it was black and dirty, used some electrical contact cleaner to clean it up. Did not have a bulb but the test light shows it works now. Someone had also blacked it out with paint. Did not have a container that I could soak it in so I used the el-cheapo welding mask I had (never used it anyway). After soaking in reducer (didn't have an thinner) I was able to wipe it off with a rag.

broken wires.JPG

wires fixed.JPG

painted side marker.JPG

Reactions: Dawghouse
also managed to get my offroad lights mounted, not sure I'f I'm really digging them. Tried them out after it got dark last night and they are bright (LED's) but just unsure of the look. They were only 30 bucks at crappy tire so if I take them off its not a big loss. I'll give it a few days and decide then. Ideally I would like to cut some circles out of the bumper and mount them there but that would require welding in some sort of a bracket. Both are on now by the way, it was raining so I took a break and finished up later.

IMG_0423.JPG

Reactions: JMT and Dawghouse