What did you do to your TJ today?

Replaced the transfer case shifter and both shift knobs.

36369B17-2871-4619-AB2C-4DD75C018DDB.jpeg

Saturday a buddy and I installed some new Ball joints on the LJ (Spicer). One day I’d love to own my own lift.
a3bb68140ec15737149ef682b704a017.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Who makes the top storage bin? Ive seen the one that has the words on it "Driven by design" or some other nonsense. I like the one without!
Crown# RT27016 I didn't want the logo version either, but the "Driven" one was also higher in the front than the back. I wanted the front lip to be lower than the back to make it easier to see the contents. 2 screws through the top hold it in.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
I replaced a Kenwood 281A with a shiny new Yaesu FT-2980r. The 281A will go to my bench for a general use radio. Why the new radio? Bigger screen for my older eyes. Oh, and did I say shiny?

2980.jpg

Reactions: L J and Dawghouse
Replaced the upstream O2 sensor, getting ready to do the downstream, and switch out one of the side market light bulbs

Added some JK fog lights to my front bumper. I already had wiring for fog lights set up, so I figured I would try to get them to work. To install them I removed the adjustable brackets, drilled two 3.5 inch holes, wired everything, and used JB weld to keep them in place. The lights are bright and keep the bumper looking clean.
View attachment 41854
View attachment 41853
Nice set up and good size lights as well, they do look great there...However you may have to be care full wheeling though..those corners are pretty vulnerable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty_Dan
Added some JK fog lights to my front bumper. I already had wiring for fog lights set up, so I figured I would try to get them to work. To install them I removed the adjustable brackets, drilled two 3.5 inch holes, wired everything, and used JB weld to keep them in place. The lights are bright and keep the bumper looking clean.
View attachment 41854
View attachment 41853

How was it wiring them up?

How was it wiring them up?
It didn't take long to wire them up, but that's because all the wiring was there from when I had some KC daylighters on the bumper. The picture shows how I wired everything up with 12 gauge wire. I hooked the positive wire for the switch to the shifter light, so the lights will only work if the parking lights or headlights are on. The fog lights came with waterproof disconnects, which I was able to route under the sway bar cover so if they need to be removed it's easy to do.
FogLightWiringDiagram.jpg

Today I installed one of these Rugged Ridge wall mount door holders:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079NHX5TY/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I have to say, I'm impressed! It's simple, but it holds both doors easily, and it's got striker plates for the doors to latch onto so that they don't accidentally swing out.
I was just telling my girlfriend that I wanted to invent something like that. That is probably cheaper than I could do it. Thanks for the heads up!