What did you do to your TJ today?

I broke ALL FOUR rear upper shock mount bolts. Eff my Life...Stupid Rust Belt Jeep. Gotta change her name from Rubi to Rusti...
I was wondering how you eventually made out with the shock change ? I'm getting ready to do mine and even though it's a 2004 "down south" vehicle with only 60k miles, the bolt area looks nasty. I have been doing a once a week spray with PB Blaster for the last month though.

I was wondering how you eventually made out with the shock change ? I'm getting ready to do mine and even though it's a 2004 "down south" vehicle with only 60k miles, the bolt area looks nasty. I have been doing a once a week spray with PB Blaster for the last month though.

Make sure you're spraying from the top side.

If the bolts break, you will need to raise the body up slightly (or have a body lift) and break the welded nuts off. You can then replace with a normal nut and washer (no welding).

Make sure you're spraying from the top side.

If the bolts break, you will need to raise the body up slightly (or have a body lift) and break the welded nuts off. You can then replace with a normal nut and washer (no welding).
Oh yeah, I've been using the snout extender and soaking the top of the things by going in through the little notches on the sides. I also noticed a couple guys cutting some access holes in the floor above the bolts. I hate to do that because the Jeep is really a mint condition body.

Oh yeah, I've been using the snout extender and soaking the top of the things by going in through the little notches on the sides. I also noticed a couple guys cutting some access holes in the floor above the bolts. I hate to do that because the Jeep is really a mint condition body.

I see no reason to cut holes in the floor for the shock bolts. That seems like it'd be way more work than is needed.

Thorough cleaning of the cockpit, including all the air vents and speaker grille crevices. This was overdue since our most recent wheelin’ outing, which was as dusty as all get out. This was the fourth and final going over.

Time to dirty it up again.
07586B14-90E3-4EB4-9B2F-C9EA061989D3.jpeg

7736B5A5-D37A-458C-B7E0-ACFA00969B09.jpeg

B0EAD07B-B44C-4CB2-A3A5-A14A20A3389B.jpeg

22D50415-E29E-4E92-8D28-D23BB24B009E.jpeg

0D1738F4-121F-4AE6-8F52-C5D8A6983C45.jpeg

Good day yesterda. $60 for five rims!
Good day indeed!

Thorough cleaning of the cockpit, including all the air vents and speaker grille crevices. This was overdue since our most recent wheelin’ outing, which was as dusty as all get out. This was the fourth and final going over.

I need to do this. Looks good! I stopped by at Walmart yesterday to get some picks just to do the vents and crevices.

I'm in the process of redoing my tube fenders. Rock chips combined with road salt over the winter made them look pretty awful.

I have two coats of epoxy primer on them, followed by six coats of paint. I used aircraft acrylic lacquer, which I know isn't the toughest paint, but it came from work and didn't cost me anything.

I didn't make them look perfect as it is a woods toy afterall.

Before:
MVIMG_20180610_135652.jpg

IMG_20180610_135657.jpg

After:
MVIMG_20180617_154802.jpg

MVIMG_20180617_154807.jpg

Re-wired my KC lights, the correct way this time. I recently moved so the drive to work has gotten longer. I don't see well at night and my route to work is deer territory, some hits one out there at least once a week. I was blowing fuses left and right, eventually I got tired of messing with them and unhooked them. I talked to an electrician at work and he drew me a schematic that I could understand and gave me a multi meter to use for the day. Good Jeep day.
20180617_165604.jpg

Good day indeed!

I need to do this. Looks good! I stopped by at Walmart yesterday to get some picks just to do the vents and crevices.
It’s a pain! Owning and wheeling a DD TJ is a commitment. I just slipped a small flathead screwdriver into a lint free cloth and went in and out. I could use some tools for this. Have fun!;)

It’s a pain! Owning and wheeling a DD TJ is a commitment. I just slipped a small flathead screwdriver into a lint free cloth and went in and out. I could use some tools for this. Have fun!;)

They make a gummy like substance that you can use to get dust and dirt out of crevices. I’ve never used it, but seen it done by detailers. Something like this:

ABN Automotive Dust Vent Crevice Interior Detailer Removal Detailing Magic Gel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011J4H9EK/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: JMT
Installed a HD rear tire carrier and made tire bumper extenders to make it nice and snug.

For the top bumpers I used 2"x1" PVC pipe, a rubber washer to keep it from scratching the paint and a 3" long M6 bolt. For the bottom I used a 1"x1" PVC pipe, a rubber washer and a 2" long M6 bolt. Total cost was less than 10 bucks.

Running a 285x75r16 tire (33")

Long term want to get a exogate but this was a good fix to get the rear tire out of the trunk and the tire secured.
fb461ec6f72609a711b2e60e867845d3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I’m totally jealous!! RHD and no cruise... my feet stay inside the ride at all times [emoji849][emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Why the right hand drive Shane?....How did you end up with one of those?

Gave mine a good clean, checked fluids etc and tested the trailer hitch plus the trailer light socket as I'm moving house in the next few days and need those trailer lights working....busy week ahead yaaay

Looks good! You need to swing by and do mine now.
I’ll be by in a hour, which will be about midnight! If you’re up I’ll do it, otherwise, sorry!

Did you get yours cleaned up? That was a frightful mess of dust.

I will be up, see you soon! I did get mine clean... Only one pass so far! It's clean but not @JMT clean!
Man, go to bed! It’s late! And I don’t want to drive that far tonight. I felt sure you were out like a light. Oh wait, tomorrow’s Monday and your off. Oops! Happy Father’s Day Bro!

Reactions: b0xcar