What did you do to your TJ today?

Early Birthday? Christmas lol? This will happen soon...

IMG_2562.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Finished up SYE and got it all buttoned up. Took it for a test drive - no vibes what-so-ever up to like 75. Awesome.

Now to get a speedo corrector. Speedometer is reading 14% too fast. Should be a huge help on my MPG until I get it fixed. Going to try to make a DIY one.

Reactions: ac_ and KCsTJ
Changed my wing mirros but I may go back to the oem ones, finding these hard to get used to as I feel like I can see less especially when parallel parking.
Oh wow I’m going to put my old EU wing mirrors back on as these feel like I am driving around with two telescopes attached to my car. Everything is super zoomed in and the viewing angle is terrible. Lol

Finished up SYE and got it all buttoned up. Took it for a test drive - no vibes what-so-ever up to like 75. Awesome.

Now to get a speedo corrector. Speedometer is reading 14% too fast. Should be a huge help on my MPG until I get it fixed. Going to try to make a DIY one.

If you are not dead set on making one, the speedohealer from blue monkey is incredibly easy to install and program .

That's is really good looking and does not stand out. Been thinking what to do for mine and this seems like a great option. Is it a drop in replacement for the stock unit without modification?

It's a great upgrade over stock. Just dont expect unlimited audio adjustments or loud music. Since it's a marine unit, it's meant to be ran with amps. I plan to add an amp and rear speakers plus sub this fall.

No modification is needed but you need a dash kit as well as a radio harness. Both can be had from Scosche for about $5 each.

You can skip the radio harness and splice into your OEM harness. But for $5 might as well get the harness and keep your OEM harness intact.

Last edited:
Reactions: RussTJ
replaced the transmission mount, 2 of the studs that pass through the skid plate were broke off, jeep feels much more solid now. Also cut off the milk jugs and welded in plates to cap off the ends of the bumpers.

I had that happen on a car once... Luckily it was in the driveway vs on my way to work.
I had that happen on a 96 Sable. Was driving from Polk back to Hood and was following a semi at night.

Deer ran out and under the semi and just obliterated it and I stamped the brake to try and avoid the river of carcass and blood.

Brake line blew and I'm traveling at highway speed. Practically counted into the next town and parked at an HEB. Had it towed back to base. Made for an interesting night hundreds of miles from post. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk