What did you do to your TJ today?

I made brackets to mount my air tank on the top of my wheel well. It was previously mounted on a piece of plywood.
I just bought this same kit. I haven't installed it yet and I was planning on installing the tank under the TJ, but I do like this set up too.

Weirdly my tank is black. Not good or bad just different. The picture of mine when I bought it looks like yours, but my tank showed up looks exactly the same, but black. Which works out great for me because my TJ is Red and black.

20180718_license-plate-0III0.jpg

Got 14.95 mpg, and part of that tank was pulling a trailer.

I’ve been experimenting with a new driving style technically called, “keeptherpmsat2000”. It works, I was down in the 12 range before.

Today i finally got around to addressing drive line vibs...
20180720_104532.jpg

I am making adjustments in small increments ...so today I lowered my TC by only 1 washer thickness. Wow, what a difference it made. I have a basically stock SE with a 2" lift.
Edit: bought 6 washers for 0.99 cents each. I used my Ace Hardware $5.00 off birthday coupon.
So for less than $1.50 My vibs are 90 % gone !

Last edited:
Today i finally got around to addressing drive line vibs... View attachment 48173
I am making adjustments in small increments ...so today I lowered my TC by only 1 washer thickness. Wow, what a difference it made. I have a basically stock SE with a 2" lift.
That frame looks perfect.

FINALLY!!!!!!!! Finshed my 4.56 re gear. Of course while doing the break in driving my ac wasn't working. Just one thing after another. So down to the part store to get the gauges and UV dye. Wish me luck

Reactions: JMT and ac_
My hood had some bad paint with a few hundred chips/cracks with surface rust inside them. I finally got around to sanding it down and painting it. Need to go over it again to even the paint out but I'm happy the way the rattle can paint job turned out!

20180714_194007.jpg

20180714_200257.jpg

20180716_170155.jpg

Reactions: JMT and Kiwi TJ
A/C still broke..... but i decided to change my shocks (i blame this forum for that) went with the rancho 5000x
Old front shocks
20180721_135859.jpg

I think he was time. Might have got a few more miles out of them. :jump:
New shocks
20180721_135918.jpg

I have yo say it is like night and day difference.
But now i have a squeak in the suspension system. Im thinking control arm bushings.
Any other thoughts.

And just an fyi
4.0l ax15 tranny 31" tires with 4.56 gears 2600 rpms at 65 miles per hour. Ill update after my 33" get pit on monday