What did you do to your TJ today?

Sat in my friends driveway and tried to figure out why I lost all battery power for no apparent reason. After nearly 45 minutes of checking all connections, fuses, grounds and wiggling every wire one can find. I think it turned out being a bad positive battery terminal...We'll see tomorrow.

Reactions: ac_
Really, the last three days. Wheeled the snot out of her. Just got back from Drummond Island. What an amazing place. Lots of pics...I'll start a new thread. Also got my first "Badge of Honor" trail in...its the only one in Michigan. South Marble Head is the name of the trail. View attachment 51178 View attachment 51179
Very cool! Haven't been to that one yet. Looking forward to checking out your thread on that trail!

I actually just wheeled part of Blacktail Wild Bill yesterday!

DSCN1086.JPG

Today I crawled under my Jeep and successfully pried off the brackets on the rear parking brake lines that were attached to the stock upper rear control arms. Now I only have the main brake line tied up and out of the way with zip ties instead of 3. No way i'm going to get that bracket off.

Well since we’re on the topic of helping one another out.....my 01’ Sahara came with an after market CD player and I’d love to have the regular factory CD player/radio.....anyone have one sitting around?

I have on Ive been trying to get rid of. Pm me for details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maan I have seat covers like that.. hawaiian pattern but all over in red. I catch so much crap over those lol. I'm like geez man hawaiian shirts are cool, what's wrong with having them in a Jeep.. doesn't matter, friends are cruel. I need seat covers to keep sweat and jet fuel off of them.

did the rear wheel bearings yesterday, not a bad job when you have the right tools. The bearing puller and slide hammer are a must for this job. The biggest challenge was getting the pin out of the rear diff in order to pull the axles and cleaning off the old gasket material to re-seal the rear end.

IMG_0534.JPG

IMG_0533.JPG

did the rear wheel bearings yesterday, not a bad job when you have the right tools. The bearing puller and slide hammer are a must for this job. The biggest challenge was getting the pin out of the rear diff in order to pull the axles and cleaning off the old gasket material to re-seal the rear end.

View attachment 51409

View attachment 51410

**Off topic**

Did you not need a press to get them back in?

I recently had the rear bearings replaced on my BMW because I was sure I could get the puller fairly cheap rental wise just no the press to get them back in. All I’m all it was about a $360 job

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

**Off topic**

I recently had the rear bearings replaced on my BMW because I was sure I could get the puller fairly cheap rental wise just no the press to get them back in. All I’m all it was about a $360 job

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi
for the rears i just use

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000O824Y8/?tag=wranglerorg-20

it wont press all barrings but it does the rear axle nicely

EDIT this can also be rented @ orileys

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
**Off topic**

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

nope, no press required. Just a bearing driver or an improvised one like I did using the old bearing and a big socket. The seal was more difficult than the bearing.

Reactions: Shane Mckinley