What did you do to your TJ today?

Replaced the old cheap plastic aftermarket shift knob that was rattling like crazy with this old school one from SpeedDawg. And since my daughter will be learning to drive next month, I figured this would give her a nice visual reference for the gears.

shifter1.jpg

shifter2.jpg

shifter3.jpg

Last edited:
Replaced the old cheap plastic aftermarket shift knob that was rattling like crazy with this old school one from SpeedDawg. And since my daughter will be learning to drive next month, I figured this would give her a nice visual reference for the gears.

View attachment 51512

View attachment 51513

View attachment 51514
I drew a picture of where the gears where and stuck it to the dash while mine was learning...it definitely helps when there a newbie to stick.

@Kiwi TJ You mean like this??? :risas3:

View attachment 51557

All jokes aside, I like taping a drawing of the gears to the dash for her...thanks for the idea!

Haha yes exactly like that...the drawing actually works and saves her looking down at the stick all the time.
Found this and thought it was appropriate lol
stick.jpg

Ouch. Glad you caught and fixed it.

I'm so paranoid of someone putting crap into my gas tank when I park on trails or if I have to park in areas of the city where there are some crazy homeless folks in bigger numbers. There are all sorts of characters out there who will do such things just for the heck of it. Been thinking of a locked gas cap for a while.

@Chris @jjvw @glwood you guys have any good recommendations?
You might have already got something but you might want to look into a locking door instead of the cap. That's what I will be doing as it would be cheaper to replace the cap if it ever needs to be replaced instead of having to buy another expensive locking cap. Unless for some reason you dont like a door.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
You might have already got something but you might want to look into a locking door instead of the cap. That's what I will be doing as it would be cheaper to replace the cap if it ever needs to be replaced instead of having to buy another expensive locking cap. Unless for some reason you dont like a door.

I haven't gotten anything yet. Actually what you say makes lot of sense. Which one are you getting?

finally solved my front end clunk, had someone cut the wheel back and forth and seen the track bar moving in the bracket, bushing seemed ok so I put a slightly larger bolt in (I went metric as opposed to going from 3/8ths to 7/16ths so I did not have to enlarge the holes in the bracket). I did have to take a round file and just touch up one of the holes for the metric bolt to fit. Tightened everything up and now my clunk is gone.

The holes did not seem out of round but the 3/8's bolt had just a touch more wiggle to it than the metric, super easy fix.

Reactions: JMT and Hawkeye
finally solved my front end clunk, had someone cut the wheel back and forth and seen the track bar moving in the bracket, bushing seemed ok so I put a slightly larger bolt in (I went metric as opposed to going from 3/8ths to 7/16ths so I did not have to enlarge the holes in the bracket). I did have to take a round file and just touch up one of the holes for the metric bolt to fit. Tightened everything up and now my clunk is gone.

The holes did not seem out of round but the 3/8's bolt had just a touch more wiggle to it than the metric, super easy fix.
Did you have them move the steering wheel while the full wight was on the tires? or lifted by the axle?