What did you do to your TJ today?

New front upper and lower control arms and forward upper control arm bushings. Finished wiring my front and rear E-Lockers (Can't wait to get out and try them on the trails)

Did you do them on the ground? I’ve yet to do my CA’s. I have a full set I picked up from another member here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

I really like that setup, it looks nice and simple. I may have to copy that in the future.

It's just the Lange Hoist-a-Top Simple, with an extra strap to fit my Camper King top and some reconfiguration so I could mount the winch on the side wall. Having done it, I think it might have been simpler to build it myself from hardware store parts. But even if I did that, I would probably get the straps from Lange, since they're nice and not expensive.

Reactions: Kvarilek
Thanks buddy ..I've not seen another one like it. Either end are perfect places to stand to rock the TJ out of sticky situations and awesome for people getting in the back seat.(a few years ago they were different colours but painted them all the same satin black to tie it all together)
The entire USA don't have that set up yet.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Just finished installing a new MOOG ZJ tie rod.
7B601663-C83E-4DEA-BE86-CE0CA30814CE.jpeg
9CC5E1A5-91BC-40D8-A26B-49800D9D134A.jpeg

I put in a new idle air control valve to see if it will solve the idle problem. It settles down slowly sometimes. The old one looked as though it may have been worn.
Seems to have improved so far, time will tell.
1997 TJ SE 2.5, 194,000 miles.
Pretty sure it was the original IACV, I kept it just in case.
I also installed new Mopar mirrors, nice improvement, they stay in place for a change, the old ones jumped around (original equipment, worn out, corroded.)

Took my kiddo out on her 1st Jeep run today. Its official, she's hooked right in with me and loved every minute of it!

DSCN1190.JPG
DSCN1236.JPG
DSCN1204.JPG
DSCN1213.JPG
DSCN1198.JPG
DSCN1221.JPG
DSCN1226.JPG

Got her practicing the Jeep wave and everything too! :D Another happy dad right here.

Last edited:
I put in a new idle air control valve to see if it will solve the idle problem. It settles down slowly sometimes. The old one looked as though it may have been worn.
Seems to have improved so far, time will tell.
1997 TJ SE 2.5, 194,000 miles.
Pretty sure it was the original IACV, I kept it just in case.
I also installed new Mopar mirrors, nice improvement, they stay in place for a change, the old ones jumped around (original equipment, worn out, corroded.)
Good idea to save all old TJ parts now, I certainly do.
@Steve Rodgers i have the same setup as you. Have you ruled out a bad or old 02 sensor regarding the idle issue?

Reactions: EJD
Installed Energy Suspension rear sway bar bushing set and new rear sway bar links. The old bushings were pretty worn, the ride feels way better.

Installed Misch Big Boy brackets on the driver's side. So nice to have a couple more inches!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicholas