What did you do to your TJ today?

Bought the last MOPAR purge valve solenoid on rock auto. Installed last night. Hopefully I can get the check engine light to stop coming on. It was stuck open so i know it was at least part of the problem.

That's what I'm thinking! Then head to California April/May for a Turkey hunt here.:)

We can shoot these from my front porch :)

19091.jpeg

Called Metalcloak today to work out how to spend my winnings.....lol
Eric is really helpful there, fingers crossed for an Oil Pan skid plate and Dana 44 and 30 covers... the steering box guard is only made for LHD not RHD otherwise I would have got that instead booooo!!! :( lol
tenor.gif

Last edited:
I dealt with Eric too, nice guy.

I'm sitting at Discount Tire once again to get these MTRs balanced. 5th or 6th time since I picked them up in July:rolleyes:

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I dealt with Eric too, nice guy.

I'm sitting at Discount Tire once again to get these MTRs balanced. 5th or 6th time since I picked them up in July:rolleyes:

That would suck...do they duck and hide when they see you roll in now ? lol......
Is it because its an MTR tyre?

That would suck...do they duck and hide when they see you roll in now ? lol......
Is it because its an MTR tyre?
I've heard they're a pain to keep balanced. Though I don't think they've been balanced correctly from the beginning. I came to different location from where I bought them. Maybe these guys are better

I've heard they're a pain to keep balanced. Though I don't think they've been balanced correctly from the beginning. I came to different location from where I bought them. Maybe these guys are better
Trial and error my friend....I had to do that with my balancing guy

Bad idea. Constant tension clamps work great. They expand and contract during the wide range of temperatures our Jeeps are subjected to while keeping...get this...(constant tension) Why get rid of a good thing?

I've heard others say the same; tho, I've never had a problem with a worm-drive (knock on wood...) but maybe I'm lucky.

Trial and error my friend....I had to do that with my balancing guy

So far so good! I watched them thru the window this time, each time they ran it thru and balanced it the screen lit up green with a "0" balance. Had them do all 5. They did rotate the tire 180 degrees on the rim too which I think helped. My only complaint--they upped my tire pressure to 33 vs the 25 I had them at.

So far so good! I watched them thru the window this time, each time they ran it thru and balanced it the screen lit up green with a "0" balance. Had them do all 5. My only complaint--they upped my tire pressure to 33 vs the 25 I had them at.

Somehow I've completely lucked out with my KM2's. I haven't had them balanced in probably 2 years. They have worn exactly evenly (across all 4 and across each tire). I would definitely take your tires to a 4WD shop to get them balanced if the people at discount tire can't get it done.

Somehow I've completely lucked out with my KM2's. I haven't had them balanced in probably 2 years. They have worn exactly evenly (across all 4 and across each tire). I would definitely take your tires to a 4WD shop to get them balanced if the people at discount tire can't get it done.

My 33" duratracs were the same. Balanced during the original install and I didnt touch them for 5 years. Great tire.

Im almost certain they got it right this time, Im about to leave work for lunch and I plan on jumping on the interstate so I can run it up to 75 to see. This morning up to 65 felt smooth though. I had these installed by Discount Tire near my place of work, each time I went there they were jam packed. Last night I went to a different branch near my house and they seemed like a much better crew with a smaller work load.

Reactions: ac_
My 33" duratracs were the same. Balanced during the original install and I didnt touch them for 5 years. Great tire.

Im almost certain they got it right this time, Im about to leave work for lunch and I plan on jumping on the interstate so I can run it up to 75 to see. This morning up to 65 felt smooth though. I had these installed by Discount Tire near my place of work, each time I went there they were jam packed. Last night I went to a different branch near my house and they seemed like a much better crew with a smaller work load.

Yeah I had to give up after 6 times. I don't even bother with them anymore. In the 6 times I tried 3 different Discount tires and none of them got it right. I know it was them too, because I finally gave in and gave them to 4Wheel parts to let them try and they got it right the first time, so it wasn't an issue with the wheels or tires.

Cheap is not better if you have to keep going back. I would rather pay too much to not have to go back much less 6 times. I found a place here in Tempe that actually makes rims, and they road force balance. They have the latest tech, but it doesn't come cheap, and the next time I get any tire work done, I am going to go there. Hopefully it will be the first, and last time I will need to go there until I upgrade my tires.

Reactions: RussTJ