What did you do to your TJ today?

I have seen worst. They are not pre-gapped for sure like others believe they do. That looks way better than when I changed mine though. It's just the gap.

The new plugs claimed to be “pre-gapped”. They were close, but inconsistent between all 6.

I replaced mine in late 2016, of the 6 there were 5 gapped correctly, one needed to be expanded just a hair. Ive always checked mine with a gap tool

Last edited:
Reactions: BoldlyGoing
Poured some liquid motivation.
20181111_153347_resized.jpg

Installed side reinforcement plates to Poison Spyder fenders.
First did nutserts and sprayed some blue plastidip (for contrast of spider cutouts).
20181111_154936.jpg

Applied some spray-on bedliner and installed.
20181113_122412_resized.jpg

I had ordered a battery cable set from Vince at custom battery cables some time ago. I finally got around to putting them in and discovered they were way too long. It seems they were for a TJ SE 2.4. I have a 97 with a 2.5. This is a common problem with a 97 SE, sometimes it comes up as a 2.4.
Not to worry, Vince is great, I’m sending him my old cables so he can match them. Great company to work with. Putting in the cables is easy, I’m using the long ones until the right ones come, I will post a picture when it’s done.
Quality on these cables is top notch, really nice stuff.
I recently installed new battery cables from Vince. They are the best!

Reactions: RussTJ
It's been raining alot here and yesterday I had a few drips of water on the passenger side floor, near the firewall. I searched this forum and found out that the probable cause is the cowl drain being plugged. So, I removed the cowl and sure enough the drain was clogged and draining real slow. I ran a piece of wire through it to clear out the clog and now it flows freely. Now I just need to fix my leak from the top forward area of my passenger door. I figure its probably the seal so I went ahead and ordered one.
Oh and a few days ago I ordered a dash multi-mount, like the one in cclarke802's post, so I can mount my GPS or GoPro.

Reactions: JMT
Removed Brown Dog rubber MML and installed JKS MML with new Anchor mounts. Wow what a difference. Like a new Jeep at idle in comparison. I really liked the responsiveness with the BD mounts once I was moving, but it was unbearable sitting at stop lights or drive-thru's.
View attachment 63047
View attachment 63048View attachment 63049

I'd heard this about the Brown Dog MML, which is why I went with the M.O.R.E. Bombproof mounts instead. They work fantastic!

I'd heard this about the Brown Dog MML, which is why I went with the M.O.R.E. Bombproof mounts instead. They work fantastic!

Curiosity sake. What is with a motor mount lift? Rear driveline angle? Is it more for those that haven’t done a SYE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curiosity sake. What is with a motor mount lift? Rear driveline angle? Is it more for those that haven’t done a SYE?

An MML and a BL go together like peanut butter and jelly. While you can have one without the other, you really don't want to. Often times we raise the body with a body lift to get some more clearance for tires, reduce the amount of bump stop, or tuck the transfer case. In the process of raising the body 1", your engine is now sitting 1" lower, as it's attached to the frame, and didn't get raised with the body. Adding the 1" MML brings the engine up inline with the body (like it would be stock), and in raising the engine up 1", you slightly drop the angle of the transfer case (and therefore rear pinion).

On a vehicle without a SYE and CV driveshaft and let's say 2" of lift (no more than that though), it sometimes means you don't need to drop the transfer case.

But even if you do have a SYE and CV driveshaft, the BL and MML should happen anyways, as it will reduce your rear driveline angle which will help with potential vibrations.

On a LJ this is probably irrelevant due to the long wheelbase (and therefore much longer rear driveshaft), but on a TJ, this is really a big deal.

Reactions: JMT
Thanks fo the clarification. I’ve seen the MML offered for years. Just had no idea why

Painted my rough looking fender flares. I had painted them a couple years back but the last winter really took it's toll on them. I used SEM Trim paint, low gloss. I have a couple spots to touch up but overall I am quite happy with the results. I also painted the mirrors and wiper arms, just to freshen those up a bit.
View attachment 48483

View attachment 48484

View attachment 48485

View attachment 48486

Hmmm, that's just what I need. My original flares are faded.

Where do you get that stuff?