What did you do to your TJ today?

Put in a new thermostat and new antifreeze. Still seems to be running a little warm not sure what will be next.

Dedicated 15 inch rims purchased on Craigslist, 15'' Canyons for $100, good shape not perfect. Then had some Yoko winter tires mounted https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...a&tireModel=iceGUARD+iG51v&partnum=67TR5IG51V for $510 delivered to my door, $65 balance and install.

I am happy to now have two sets of tires/wheels. Took a while to find 15'' Canyons for cheap on CL, but done just in time for winter weather.

Maxe my tcase drop. Vibration is gone but now it's a pain to get into 2nd. Dman it. Lol
64824c3750bbc74f6a0ec3d5dcfdcce5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JMT
Maxe my tcase drop. Vibration is gone but now it's a pain to get into 2nd. Dman it. LolView attachment 64520

Looks like its time for that SYE. And control arms and driveshaft. Or what some people have done ( i would not do it on mine) trim the tub just a little bit to get it to fit.

What i did was install a MML to get rid of the extreme drop.

Reactions: JMT and cclarke802
Installed some new acorn nuts on the studs for my snowboard roof rack rails. They had been sticking out 1/2" too long with red rubber covers for nearly 20 years. I cut them with bolt cutters, filed the ends, and put the acorn nuts on. Now they look much cleaner.

Also put in a couple pieces of tubing on the front clasps of my hard top to see if I can get a slightly stronger seal on the top front windshield seal. (I saw someone else on here had tried that, so for $0.49 it was worth a try.)

Also took it for a little ride on some mountain trail roads. Climbed >2000 feet in elevation. I can't wait to get new 4.56 gears soon...

Last edited:
Looks like its time for that SYE. And control arms and driveshaft. Or what some people have done ( i would not do it on mine) trim the tub just a little bit to get it to fit.

With just a 2.5 lift. I think what is hurting me is the 2inch body lift. I'm not sure if the boot on the shifter is bunch so much its giving me trouble. I guess it could be the floor needs to be trimmed

With just a 2.5 lift. I think what is hurting me is the 2inch body lift. I'm not sure if the boot on the shifter is bunch so much its giving me trouble. I guess it could be the floor needs to be trimmed

Another option is to look for a straighter shifter or remove the shifter and bend it slightly

Think a 1mml will eliminate the need for a 1 TC drop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JMT