What did you do to your TJ today?

I think you're right!

Funnest thing ever... Saw a brand new Mercedes G-Wagen driving down the highway this past weekend. It was lifted about 6 inches sitting on 35" tires that were sticking WAY out. Not a scratch on this thing, but it had a brand new red hi-lift jack mounted and displayed proudly on the back, a number of brand new, flawless looking jerry cans, a nice red shovel that looked freshly painted and not a spec of dirt on it, water jugs, a safari rack with all sorts of other stuff on it.

I laughed and said, "No way that guy is doing that for anything other than looks".
It is funny you mention that, I pulled behind a stock 4 door xj. It look like it just came off of the show room floor. It was all stock. At first you would have thought man that is a nice stock xj, but as I drove up behind it; it had a brand new hi lift hanging parallel off of the rear bumper. As far as I could tell that was his only mod.

As soon as someone smarter than me figures out Air conditioner seats. I will be installing thoes.

I rented a Ram 2500 two years ago and it was top of the line. Leather, nav system, sun roof, the whole 9. It had heated/cooling seats as well as a heated steering wheel. In the mornings if it was below 40F both the steering wheel and heated seats kicked on automatically. During the afternoon it got hot enough that if you pressed a button then the fan kicked on in the seats. Ive never experienced cooling seats but it was fun to experience :)

63651781-07AB-46DC-998F-F3E422CBEDFF.jpeg
96F42968-C9C7-45B4-8D9E-E47568A11BD3.jpeg
Snow photos today. Elev. 3,3260

63651781-07AB-46DC-998F-F3E422CBEDFF.jpeg

Last edited:
I plan on it. Im also going to build a crossmember to hold the trans even without bellypan and a transfer case support crossmember as well. I got the 1:1, 2.73:1, 3.8:1, 10.34:1 ratio case.
Thats going to be awesome. Sounds like a fun project.

Nice! Got a link?

Absolutely! Found them on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DN6KR39/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Was tired of it just being straight plastic and seeing the screw hole in the bottom. They fit perfect too and are cheap.

Like I told my wife it really can be the little things. I installed a lift last weekend but oddly enough I felt more proud about replacing the lock cylinder on the steering column. Made my Jeep go from feeling cheap to feeling new again when the damn keys don’t fall out the ignition anymore.

Now I got to fix the center console, the lid has long since decided it doesn’t want to stay attached anymore. Just need a couple nuts, bolts and washers to fix it but I ain’t even had time to get to Home Depot to do that! Hopefully I’ll have the five minutes I need on the way back into town tomorrow.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and RussTJ