What did you do to your TJ today?

Just grabbed some LEDS for the instrument cluster, foot wells, and AC. Probably throw those in over Christmas vacation. I went with the Cool White option from superbrightleds. Anyone using those?

Just grabbed some LEDS for the instrument cluster, foot wells, and AC. Probably throw those in over Christmas vacation. I went with the Cool White option from superbrightleds. Anyone using those?

I believe those are the ones I used for the footwells/sound bar lights. Haven't done the cluster yet.

Reactions: XISophos
Ok so inner fenders are on. I test fitted the fenders. Clearly the still need paint. Im now debating between all silver or silver fenders black flares.

I have ran into an issue though. My rockhard sliders won't fit without modifications. The debate now is either cut and try and make them look good or sell and use some of the money towards a set of MC sliders. My main concern is if I cut and don't like the product I'm out the money I could have sold them for.
20181217_213527.jpg
20181217_213537.jpg
20181217_212516.jpg
20181217_212529.jpg

Last edited:
Ok so inner fenders are on. I test fitted the fenders. Clearly the still need paint. Im now debating between all silver or silver fenders black flares.

I have ran into an issue though. My warn sliders wont fit without modifications. The debate now is either cut and try and make them look good or sell and use some of the money towards a set of MC sliders. My main concern is if I cut and don't like the product I'm out the money I could have sold them for.
View attachment 68280View attachment 68281View attachment 68282View attachment 68283
The fenders look great on your Jeep. You shouldn't have trouble selling you rock sliders, then put the money towards the ones that will fit with those fenders.

The fenders look great on your Jeep. You shouldn't have trouble selling you rock sliders, then put the money towards the ones that will fit with those fenders.
Thanks. One day I'll make it to a run your on and let you have a closer look. :p
I'm thinking I'll post them on cl and see if I get any bites. If not then ill hack them up and see if I can make it work.

Thanks. One day I'll make it to a run your on and let you have a closer look. :p
I'm thinking I'll post them on cl and see if I get any bites. If not then ill hack them up and see if I can make it work.
Good idea.....I would think they will sell on CL. I was thinking the same thing ..... see if they sell..... if not.....then modify them, but didn't know how long you wanted to wait.

Reactions: Alex01
Good idea.....I would think they will sell on CL. I was thinking the same thing ..... see if they sell..... if not.....then modify them, but didn't know how long you wanted to wait.
I dont plan on potentially banging my rockers until Utah this coming april. So waiting a bit to sell them isn't the end of the world. Not clicking the purchase button in a moment of weakness will be the tough part ;)

Reactions: Shane Mckinley

I have ran into an issue though. My rockhard sliders won't fit without modifications. The debate now is either cut and try and make them look good or sell and use some of the money towards a set of MC sliders. My main concern is if I cut and don't like the product I'm out the money I could have sold them for.
View attachment 68280View attachment 68281View attachment 68282View attachment 68283

I vote paint the flares Satin black and fenders body color.
sell the rockers.

That is the exact way I am currently leaning. The sliders are on CL at the moment.

Only reservations I have about the fenders painted body color is it's going to be tough matching that color so that it blends well into the cowl side where the fender butts to the cowl side.

Only reservations I have about the fenders painted body color is it's going to be tough matching that color so that it blends well into the cowl side where the fender butts to the cowl side.
That is a very valid concern. I will be painting new paint next to 18 year old paint. If I buff the surrounding area I am hoping it will blend nicely. If not I will just take photos from further back. :p

That is a very valid concern. I will be painting new paint next to 18 year old paint. If I buff the surrounding area I am hoping it will blend nicely. If not I will just take photos from further back. :p

The 5/50 plan usually works with little drama, lol! Hardest part with your color is getting the metallic to lay down right so it's not darker or lighter than the factory color. Buffing out the cowl panel will surely help.

The 5/50 plan usually works with little drama, lol! Hardest part with your color is getting the metallic to lay down right so it's not darker or lighter than the factory color. Buffing out the cowl panel will surely help.
It's going to be tough and I'm sure since I'm doing it myself it won't come out perfect. If it bothers me down the line I'll have a pro do it. Or just go through some more bushy trails with you so it all looks the same anyways.

At the end of the day I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to the jeep so a bit off wont bug me. As long as it functions and kicks ass off road I'll be able to look past the paint. :p

It's going to be tough and I'm sure since I'm doing it myself it won't come out perfect. If it bothers me down the line I'll have a pro do it. Or just go through some more bushy trails with you so it all looks the same anyways.

At the end of the day I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to the jeep so a bit off wont bug me. As long as it functions and kicks ass off road I'll be able to look past the paint. :p

That's why I like white. Hides the scratches, easy to match. I'll be sure to remind you and point out to like everyone your mismatched fenders,k. J/k'ing.

Reactions: tomtaylz and Alex01
That's why I like white. Hides the scratches, easy to match. I'll be sure to remind you and point out to like everyone your mismatched fenders,k. J/k'ing.
Maybe I'll just paint them neon orange so I don't need to worry about matching at all.