What did you do to your TJ today?

Made some new limiter straps for the doors. One was missing and the other was pretty worn.

I’m not crazy about paracord, so this was more my speed.

Picked up this roll of webbing for ~$15 at REI (went with red because it looks nice with the silver),

0266EA92-2823-40CD-8C7E-C4FE9353503C.jpeg

cut about 18” or so off the roll, stitched it with heavy nylon thread using a stitching awl, then fuse the ends with a crack torch,

76DFE3B8-3D4C-4D1C-A40B-D2928E9D909C.jpeg

rinse, repeat, and install.

6DD6394A-CA20-46CD-B70D-3281BE450CAA.jpeg
BC9D1336-0FCE-4EC2-A679-DE4DB0E427F5.jpeg

Beautiful!

Made some new limiter straps for the doors. One was missing and the other was pretty worn.

I’m not crazy about paracord, so this was more my speed.

Picked up this roll of webbing for ~$15 at REI (went with red because it looks nice with the silver),

View attachment 68362

cut about 18” or so off the roll, stitched it with heavy nylon thread using a stitching awl, then fuse the ends with a crack torch,

View attachment 68363

rinse, repeat, and install.

View attachment 68364View attachment 68365

Beautiful!
okay I know it's beautiful, you can go and wash your rig now :(

Bought a new top!!! Wife decided it was time to get one. (I asked her to tape the old one back up and she gave in.) might have to try something like that more often. Found the trecktop NX on sale for $580 on quadratech. The sale is only for black diamond in case anyone wants to look. Super stoked.

That’s a pretty good price. I’m thinking of going back to a frameless too when this one wears out (got this one for basically free).

The only thing that bums me out is that these don’t offer the “sun rider” option. I’ve grown to love it.

Got my hand throttle mostly completed.

Aaaand now I have a new squeak. The flange of the heat shield on the catalytic converter I installed last week is rubbing on the side of a bracket on the transmission.

So, now I will (once again) have to unbolt everything, shave off the edge of the shield, and bolt it all back up. Again. For like the 4th time.

Reactions: VallenMaes
Got my hand throttle mostly completed.

Aaaand now I have a new squeak. The flange of the heat shield on the catalytic converter I installed last week is rubbing on the side of a bracket on the transmission.

So, now I will (once again) have to unbolt everything, shave off the edge of the shield, and bolt it all back up. Again. For like the 4th time.

That Sucks!