What did you do to your TJ today?

What? That's crazy gas mileage. My TJ must be different!

At exactly 100 miles I filled and could just get 5.5 gallons in the tank.
My wife had to tell me to slow down as I was
Driving 65 in a 55 at times pulling in 5th gear.
IMG_20170402_114001061.jpg

Reactions: Chris and Kiwi TJ
Is that to better support larger tires like the Exogate?
I installed them to replace my stock hinges which were worn out. They are heavy duty compared to stock hinges and will handle a slightly larger spare. The bigger you go though you will get to a point where you should add 2 other reinforcement pieces as described in the link below. My spare is a 265/75/16 (31.7") and it seems to handle it fine. This size tire JUST clears the top of the stock bumper btw. I do plan to fabricate the additional reinforcement pieces though. The key to the MORryde hinges is that you can grease them and the pieces that wear out are easy to replace (see photo).

http://www.morryde.com/products/189-jeep-heavy-duty-tj-wrangler-tailgate-hinge
Exogate 5.jpg

Reactions: Chris and JMT
Built a dolly for the hardtop. Though hoist could probably hold it fine did not like that it would hang from ceiling till winter. And I could not open hood with hardtop hanging above it.

Reactions: Kyle_W
Heat gun on the fenders? If so, I'd rather rattle can, much faster with paint
I worry about them peeling. I've seen that too often. What paint do you suggest? I used Duplicolor wheel paint on the bumpers. Im sure prep is important. Thanks.

Stock...not stock...after 12 years. Finally a nice day for photos.

New 31" tires, wheels, 2.5" lift. WOW! What a difference! It rides better than new! Best decision ever. For my type of cruising, this combo is perfect.
5d49a10b0527c5aa29ce35f062404cbe.jpg
30818c0f9e8c9cfde6126d765222da55.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Stock...not stock...after 12 years. Finally a nice day for photos.

New 31" tires, wheels, 2.5" lift. WOW! What a difference! It rides better than new! Best decision ever. For my type of cruising, this combo is perfect. View attachment 13622View attachment 13623

Looks great! What lift did you get installed?

Reactions: Kyle_W
4 Wheel Parts did it. ProComp springs & Fox shocks. Tranny drop. So I guess they kinda put the package together. (Newbie with lifts so I trusted a friend's advice.)
View attachment 13633

Absolutely nothing wrong with that combination. I've heard ProComp springs are good, and Fox shocks are the choice of a lot of folks. It does look great. Did you get the wheels & tires at 4WP also?

I bet it feels like a new Jeep!

Changed my spark plugs. Finally got the damn spark plug coil rail off. Popped right off today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk