What did you do to your TJ today?

First fix on the new Jeep. Wheel cylinder.
Only put 500 miles on it since I bought it.
Easy fix, didn't even have to remove the drum brakes.
IMG_20190104_170544803.jpeg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Replaced radio ! Old one just gave out randomly, also yesterday I busted my ass through trying to get a new 02 sensor into my exhaust that was stripped on the inside by the people who installed it last year.
5a6767aa43d6ce87b443838df66f62c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Kathy
Finally had some spare time today to start my Ammo box center console...Ground off the hinges and carry handles and then had walk away (again) to pick up my daughter....for the last time though as she finally has her license now yaaaay

Finally had some spare time today to start my Ammo box center console...Ground off the hinges and carry handles and then had walk away (again) to pick up my daughter....for the last time though as she finally has her license now yaaaay
Daughter got her license? Dude...Your jeep time just went WAY down. She's gonna be driving Bruiser all over the place!

Tough to take em off? I tried re doing mine and I couldn’t seem to get the panel off

I didn’t take them off.
I cleaned the surface area really good, including sanding the handles.
Created a cutout template out of cardboard to mask the door and window for overspray.
Masked the area around the handle with painters tape and put the cutout template over that.
Then painted several light coats.

Replaced the factory OPDA with the Crown unit.

I can’t be sure that that was where the slight squeal/scraping sound was coming from, but just knowing that if it failed, I was in for a bad time, swapping it made sense.

Took about 45 minutes all told. Most of that was spent trying to find the right arm position to turn the motor to index the camshaft position sensor.

If you haven’t already done the swap, just do it. It’s good peace of mind.

Daughter got her license? Dude...Your jeep time just went WAY down. She's gonna be driving Bruiser all over the place!
she would if she had a chance yeah haha...but she has her OWN car now...and has already painted the wheels, tinted the windows and we added a better stereo...so now its her baby, not a Jeep as gas prices means she couldn't afford to drive it.

A continuation from this last week. Flashing CEL, long to crank, will not surpass 55mph.

It wound up being the Crankshaft Position Sensor. Interestingly enough there was a really HARD shift/jerk going into overdrive also went away so I no longer have to run around with overdrive off

c4a49f330f8f010702da3c8d88e93269.jpg

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Reactions: mv70
Replaced stock headlights with LED's (BIG improvement).

Replaced stock rear axle shafts with 1541H Rough Country shafts, and replaced 7 year old (sagging) TeraFlex 4.5" front coils with Rubicon Express 4.5" coils - restoring 5" lift-height - thanks to @ JMT and his TJ wizardry:)

1546913265380.jpeg

Last edited: